DMICFG can't find BIOS hook

Old April 4th 04, 05:28 AM
Gene Puhl

Default DMICFG can't find BIOS hook

I have a P5A-B mobo that I have played around with in the BIOS using
DMICFG.exe
You can change the info reported by AsusProbe etc.
I also have an A7Pro and A7N266VM with latest BIOS's
If I try to run DMICFG or DMICFG2 on them I get the error message in the
subject.
Anyone know why? Or don't these mobos support DMICFG?

--
Gene P
Old April 5th 04, 07:00 PM
Ghostrider

Gene Puhl wrote:

I have a P5A-B mobo that I have played around with in the BIOS using
DMICFG.exe
You can change the info reported by AsusProbe etc.
I also have an A7Pro and A7N266VM with latest BIOS's
If I try to run DMICFG or DMICFG2 on them I get the error message in the
subject.
Anyone know why? Or don't these mobos support DMICFG?

IIRC, DMICFG needs to run from a pure DOS prompt. That is,
boot the computer using a DOS boot diskette in the floppy
drive and then run DMICFG.

Old July 27th 04, 08:57 AM
Daniel Jacobson

On 4 Apr 2004 04:28:11 GMT, Gene Puhl wrote:

I have a P5A-B mobo that I have played around with in the BIOS using
DMICFG.exe
You can change the info reported by AsusProbe etc.
I also have an A7Pro and A7N266VM with latest BIOS's
If I try to run DMICFG or DMICFG2 on them I get the error message in the
subject.
Anyone know why? Or don't these mobos support DMICFG?

I got the same message trying to update an Award BIOS . . .
"can't find BIOS hook"
I booted into DOS with a WIN98SE Boot Disk and tried using:
1. AWDFL535.EXE Dated 05-12-1997
2. AFLASH.EXE Dated 01-16-2001
3. AWDFLASH.EXE Dated 05-08-2003

I would either get the above message or the system would
just lock up and freeze.

I was able to fix the problem by entering the BIOS and
selecting to reload the default values. Then I rebooted
once. After that, I was then able to use the DOS boot
disk and flash the BIOS successfully.
--
Over and Out
Daniel Jacobson