Documents from Gateway support site

Old February 15th 04, 06:50 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Documents from Gateway support site

Hi,

trying to view support documents at

http://www.uk.gateway.com/tutorials/...s.asp?portable

I keep getting a popup which tells me I am running a version of Flash
earlier then 4 and need to upgrade.

However I have Version 7.0.19.0, as confirmed by

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

the Macromedia test site.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I suspect their version test code is out of date, but would appreciate if
someone else could check and let me know to confirm that it is not just me
(I have tried on two different Win2K systems).

TIA

Dave R

Old February 15th 04, 07:38 PM
TR

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:50:53 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yep, same here and I have the latest version of Flash. This doesn't
surprise me with it being the gateway site. I had to turn my
firewall off to get any of the selections to pop up because.... my
firewall blocks popups of which only people that still don't have a
clue incorporate in their website code any more.

In other words, there was a great discussion on TechTV the other night
where they were saying that people up with the program (people that
have a clue) are coding websites to be compatible with today's
firewalls and SpyWare blocking utilities because people in the know
(people that have a clue) are starting to practice "Safe Hex" and
anyone that isn't coding websites for "Safe Hex" are either void of
any clue as to what is going on or coding sites that they specifically
want to data mine your system.

Gateway probably fits both scenarios....

BTW, according to TechTV, weather.com and all of the Disney sites are
the worse they have seen at this type invasion on systems that visit
their sites. I remember someone bringing up weather.com on the FOX
News a while back for doing this sort of thing but didn't know that
disney was up there with the worse of them all.

Regards,