World of Warships infected with AFK-ers, Bots, Hackers, Forum Admin Nazis. (Some anti-bot ideas)

Old March 28th 16, 06:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.algorithms,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms,comp.graphics.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default World of Warships infected with AFK-ers, Bots, Hackers, Forum Admin Nazis. (Some anti-bot ideas)

Hello,

World of Warships is an interesting game.

Unfortunately it's filled with dumb people and then add some more dumb
people which don't even notice the obvious bots, afk-er and hackers in this
game.

Also add some forum admin nazi's and you have some bad game experience.

The experience because worst at night, when most people go to sleep, and the
afk-ers, bots and hackers seem to come out.

The latest game I just played was so bad, and so obvious it's incredibly
that two other players asked didn't even notice it tonight.

Basically every game I played had either a bot, an afk-er or even a hacker
which chould see through islands.

What convinced 100% of CV bot presence is the following fact/last game I
played:

There were two carriers on my team, one cruiser which also made some weird
decisions, and an enemy cruiser.

The bot carriers were unable to locate the enemy cruiser, they didn't even
try.

What these bot carrier did was they sent all their planes to exactly the
center of the map, and there they stayed idle.

They also never moved.

Also the enemy carrier never moved.

These carrier players are totally obvious bots, no doubt about it.

The only question remains:

Are these external bots ?

Or is the game developer adding these bots to multiplayer itself to pretend
they are human ?

The last option probably not cause it's way too obvious that these are bots.

I suggest some anti-bot technology if they want to make this game better:

1. Add start of each round have a CAPTHA that players need to type in, to
prove they are not bots.

2. Also ask a math question, bots hate math =D

I may contain playing this game cause navigating ships and not dieing is
kinda fun... and can train my navigation skills, but besides from that.. the
experiene of this game is pretty crappy at the moment.

I leave you with one last screenshot proving the bots carriers, I know it's
not much prove.. but believe me... those planes stayed there at the center
for the end of the match:

Also notice how the enemy carriers and friendly carriers never moved, even
while under attack... been haping all night... this kinda sucks.

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/WorldOf...dCrui ser.png

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: I am thinking of deleting this "multiplayer" game... cause it's kind
of a scam at the moment ! Though I will wait to see if the developers
implement some anti botting technologie !

Old March 28th 16, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.algorithms,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms,comp.graphics.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

There is another very serious problem with this game which is the result of
AFK-ers and Bots:

It's the match maker.

The match maker works in such a way that no player can ever achieve more
than 50% win rate.

That's the general idea.

This means the match maker will actually punish you if you are playing well
!

It will punish you by teaming you up with BAD players !

This can get very frustrating and annoying when it teams you up with AFK-ers
and Bots !

They even patented it...

It's complete JUNK.

Up to them to fix it somehow... plenty of possibilities to fix it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: Mean I teamkilled some AFK-ers ! LOL. The pink **** is hilarious !

Old March 28th 16, 10:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.algorithms,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms,comp.graphics.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

One solution to prove that players are actually humans is to introduce a
little mini-game/puzzle at the start of a match/during or after the loading
!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old March 30th 16, 07:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.algorithms,comp.games.development.programming.algorithms,comp.graphics.algorithms
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

I will share with you the posting I made on their forum.

These ideas were after one day of thought or so, and today, so I think it's
pretty good and worth something:

I kinda like this solution, I think it will go far in trying to solve this
robotic invasion of thez internetz ! =D
Hellooooo =D,

Some problems, some solutions:

1. Flash is to easy to reverse engineer. To easy to remove protection
features. I suspect latest CV bots are FLASH based.

(1.1 External visual bots will become the norm in the near feature thanks to
more processing power and advanced development tools and technologies.)

2. Even c/c++ generated executables can be EDITED and functionality
disabled.

3. Removing BOTS/AFK-ERS from teams is not an option, this will unbalance
the teams even further.

Thus conclusion:

1. Only server can be trusted.

2. Sending server-side generated images and collecting client-side input
will not solve the bot problem.

3. Players must proof they are HUMAN before teams are created to avoid
AFK-ers and BOTS on TEAM.

Thus possible technology ideas to combat bots:

1. Server sends a dynamically generated puzzle to the players for them to
solve.

2. The players send the solutions to the puzzles back to the server.

3. Teams are created from players who solved the puzzle on time.

Seems like a very easy and simple solution to the bot problem.

The question now remains:

What kind of puzzle is:

1. Fun to play for humans.

2. Hard to solve for robots.