Interesting Discover: Too much heat in Skybuck's Dream PC while playing games. Fans spin hard.

Old June 13th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Default Interesting Discover: Too much heat in Skybuck's Dream PC while playing games. Fans spin hard.

Hello,

I was just playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and I noticed my cooling
fans and making quite some noise !

Like BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... they are spinning at full speed.

And when I rebuilded my PC I noticed lot's of heat inside the case coming
from the chips and such.

As soon as I removed the case, the heat came free and the fans started to
spin more slowly so that's a clear sign the heat is not getting
properly transported out of the system.

The two harddisk fans might not even be required...

Maybe on harddisk fan enough.

Maybe I should replace one harddisk fan to the cpu section... near graphics
maybe... or just maybe near cpu where it's most hot...

However I am not sure if the fan should blow inwards or outwards...

Anyway interesting discovery...

Maybe I should go look for a better case with more airflow... or maybe first
try to fan replacing..

I'll try that first if possible

Also without the case door the case starts humming maybe if I remove other
case door it will be more in balance.

Yeah not sure what to do with airflow... in or out hmm...

First gotta detach one harddisk fan since I need those screws

Unless I can find screws some where else..

I specially ordered those screws... hmm I must have a few spare somewhere I
think not sure though.

Later
Skybuck,

Old June 13th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Well,

I checked... I ordered 4 seperate fans and 1 extra rear fan.

However I can only mount 2 fans at the harddisks section.

The other 2 fans can't be mounted because the screws just fall out the case
plate which is ofcourse way too risk.

For now I have removed the other plate as well to balance the pc a bit.

I will have to find a way to attach more fans or I really need another case
with much more bigger airflow to make sure the heat gets very good out of
it...

Because the fans should be spinning slowly... not really fast... - bad sign
during gaming

Oh well...

Gaming with open case for now.

Open cases are ofcourse very dangerous... one could accidently throw
something in... and dust clouds could get into it as well... bad

Even fire danger !

And hairs and stuff... not good, not good at all..

But I really wanna continue the game... and I really don't wanna spent my
time searching for a new case... so I will game with open case for now and
find better case in a few days.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Goodbye.

Please stop posting your garbage to sci.electronics.design where it is totally
off-topic or expect to be on the receiving end of an abuse report to your ISP.

Graham

Old June 13th 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
SteveH

Eeyore wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Goodbye.

Please stop posting your garbage to sci.electronics.design where it is
totally off-topic or expect to be on the receiving end of an abuse report
to your ISP.

Graham

And here's the addy:

Cheers
SteveH

Old June 13th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Or maybe not... kinda makes the same sound.

Or maybe with case closed, the fans spin a little harder oh well.

The heat probably higher though with case closed

Also placed another book on top of the case to make it more heavy.. reduces
any vibrations

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old June 13th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Goodbye.

Please stop posting your garbage to sci.electronics.design where it is
totally
off-topic or expect to be on the receiving end of an abuse report to your
ISP.

Graham

It's totally on topic.

Electronics produce heat.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 13th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore

Skybuck Flying wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Goodbye.

Please stop posting your garbage to sci.electronics.design where it is
totally
off-topic or expect to be on the receiving end of an abuse report to your
ISP.

Graham

It's totally on topic.

Electronics produce heat.

It is not on topic for a design group.

Your posts are at best relevant to *basics*.

Also, scei.electronics.design is for ppl to exchange sensible design related
ideas, not some forum for idiots to display their total ignorance of a subject.

Graham

Old June 14th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Linux Geek

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:48:06 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Or maybe not... kinda makes the same sound.

Or maybe with case closed, the fans spin a little harder oh well.

The heat probably higher though with case closed

Also placed another book on top of the case to make it more heavy.. reduces
any vibrations

Bye,
Skybuck =D

**** off.

Linux Geek

Saying that XP is the most stable MS OS is like saying that
asparagus is the most articulate vegetable. (Dave Barry)
Old June 14th 07, 12:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
martin griffith[_2_]

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:17:59 +0200, in sci.electronics.design "Skybuck
Flying" wrote:

Hello,

Dear Mainly Harmless

Please consider writting a blog, as in
http://wordpress.com/ or equivalent.

Your talents are clearly too great for the Newsgroups that you are
posting to.

The advantage of having a blog is that you can set the typeface to
"Coloured Crayon" to enhance Visitor Experience, which is not
available in ASCII based newsgroups.

In Blogs you can also post pictures of cats being washed, your
herbarium, and associated lighting control software wot you have wrote
in fortran, and pictures of the posters of the 60's rockstars on your
walls/ceiling(s)

The advantage of having a blog is that you can get "Points" on the
popularity of your site, but I'm afraid that in your case, it would
probably be somewhat negative.

For you I would suggest Digg
http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/731?dupe

May I also suggest that you create the ultimate working, repeatable
Rube Goldberg machine using only recycled PC bios sorftware with the
appropriately badly edited, badly focused video, with associated
grunting sound track of "Hey Dude, Man, Impressive,Oh ****" for the
You toobe establishment

martin
Old June 14th 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You can cool your PC quite efficiently without all that fan noise by
immersing it in a bathtub full of water while playing games.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Ask not for whom the CONTROL-G tolls.