Quietest 120mm case fan?

Old December 19th 06, 02:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
mdk77

Default Quietest 120mm case fan?

What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

Old December 19th 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
mdk77

mdk77 wrote:
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

I googled and found this fan listed at 21 db noise level:

Scythe S-FLEX 120mm

Anyone using this and can comment?

Old December 19th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

I've had great luck with zalman fans. They are very high quality,
quiet, and have variable speed control.

What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?I googled and found this fan listed at 21 db noise level:

Old December 19th 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

"mdk77" wrote in message ups.com...

mdk77 wrote:
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

I googled and found this fan listed at 21 db noise level:

Scythe S-FLEX 120mm

Anyone using this and can comment?

I've had very good experiences with Nexus' 120mm:

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/...exus120mm.html

The noise spec for most fans are understated. This one isn't.

Old December 20th 06, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

mdk77 wrote:
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

Well, the quietest is one that isn't spinning. My point is, you have to
take into account airflow with the noise ratings. Airflow is what you
want, noise is what you don't. You can have a very quiet fan that pushes
almost no air! I've even seen fan manufacturers changing the units they
use to measure airflow to make it SEEM like their 'silent' fans measure
up, but when you do the conversion to a commonly used unit, like CFM,
you'll find they move less air with about the same noise at about the
same price. I use Vantec Stealth 120mm fans. Besides being quiet
they move a fair amount of air and have a lifetime warranty (which I've
never had to use on any Vantec Stealth fan, and I've been using many for
years).

Ari

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old December 20th 06, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
johns

mdk77 wrote:
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

Any of them. Just use a manual speed controller,
and set the fan down to where you can't hear it.
Those case fans run too fast anyway. I set mine
to 600 rpm and I can't hear it at all. Go to a 90mm
on the CPU, and do the same thing. Knob it down
to about 1000 rpm .. very quiet too. And I have
my video card fan controlled down to about
700 rpm ... and the temp is 31 C on a GF7900GTO.

johns

Old December 22nd 06, 03:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Hackworth

" wrote in
message . net...
"mdk77" wrote in message
ups.com...

mdk77 wrote:
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

I googled and found this fan listed at 21 db noise level:

Scythe S-FLEX 120mm

Anyone using this and can comment?

I've had very good experiences with Nexus' 120mm:

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/...exus120mm.html

The noise spec for most fans are understated. This one isn't.

Agreed. I use tons of these and they are the quietest.

Old January 17th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Oak7

"mdk77" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the quietest 120mm case fan available?

I use 120mm Antec fans, then slow them down a little--very quiet. Have not
had one burn out on me yet.

Old January 17th 07, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bob Fry

"Mac users swear by their Mac, PC users swear at their PC."
Old January 20th 07, 09:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
-

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:03:46 -0800, Bob Fry

Great review. Hadn't checked in with them for awhile. They aren't
the most productive review site, but they often make up for it with
quality.

Fan speeds Texas Yankee Overclocking 6 March 8th 06 04:09 PM
Noisy CPU fan goo_lu1 Homebuilt PC's 87 January 24th 06 06:09 PM
Looking for a Full Tower Case Front and rear 120mm Fans Any good ones ? Bob Overclocking AMD Processors 1 June 26th 04 09:25 AM
Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any recomendations ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Overclocking 2 May 17th 04 12:41 PM
Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any recomendations ? We Live For The One We Die For The One General 1 May 17th 04 07:40 AM