A7N8X Deluxe and 2500+

Old March 17th 04, 05:31 PM
Ben Pope

Default A7N8X Deluxe and 2500+

Chris Murfitt wrote:
I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mobo which is not a Rev2.0. I read that this
does not support a 200 fsb with any stability. I was hoping to do the
standard o/c of 200 x 11 but this doesn't seem to be an option now. I'm a
newcomer to overclocking so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

How about 190MHz x 11? Close enough?

Ben

Old March 17th 04, 09:06 PM
Lee

try 200x11 i have a Soltek SL-75FRN-RL which isn't supposed to be stable
running 200fsb but i currently have a 2500+ @3200+ 200x11 on this board with
1.8v and its 100% solid! 8)

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:03:58 GMT, "Chris Murfitt" wrote:

:I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mobo which is not a Rev2.0. I read that this
:does not support a 200 fsb with any stability. I was hoping to do the
:standard o/c of 200 x 11 but this doesn't seem to be an option now. I'm a
:newcomer to overclocking so I'd appreciate any suggestions.
:

-----
Lee.
Old March 17th 04, 09:07 PM
Lee

forgot to mention i have had to up my ddr voltage to 2.7v and VDD to 1.7 to
get it stable so you will probably have to something similar.

Old March 18th 04, 03:08 AM
joehandy

hey there!
i've got a A7N8X deluxe also, how do you tell if it's rev. 2 or not? i'm
a HUGE newbie...and EXTREMELY sensitive, please treat me with
therapeutic kindness...

Old March 18th 04, 07:51 AM
Minotaur

Good idea on the Voltages.

But from my testing on the older revision 1 of the A7N8X-Deluxe.
197FSB was about the limit untill, the BIOS retarded the FSB performance
for 200FSB compatibility. Feature was brought in with BIOS 1003 onwards,
to make it 200FSB compatible.

Test your memory benchmarks with Sandra for the sweet spot 195-198FSB.
You shall notice what I said above, with a few tests in that range.

Wouldn't say no to 197X11, but I had to get a rev2 for 220X10

l8'r Minotaur (8*

Old March 18th 04, 09:03 AM
Ben Pope

joehandy wrote:
hey there!
i've got a A7N8X deluxe also, how do you tell if it's rev. 2 or not? i'm
a HUGE newbie...and EXTREMELY sensitive, please treat me with
therapeutic kindness...

Look between the PCI slots.

Ben

Old March 18th 04, 10:21 AM
S.Heenan

Chris Murfitt wrote:
I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mobo which is not a Rev2.0. I read that
this does not support a 200 fsb with any stability. I was hoping to
do the standard o/c of 200 x 11 but this doesn't seem to be an option
now. I'm a newcomer to overclocking so I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I've had a few rev 1.06 boards. None would allow me to raise the FSB as high
as 200MHz. With the newest BIOS and a bit of luck, others have succeeded
where I failed. Hints: run the memory in sync with the FSB, 100%. You'll
need PC3200 memory to go much past 166MHz. Raise the CPU voltage slightly,
starting at 1.675V. Set memory timings manually. 8-8-8-3, read from top to
bottom, is fine to start.
Please note not every Barton 2500+ will overclock to 2200MHz. In the vast
majority of cases, a little more Vcore adds stability.