25 bad things in CoD4 Multiplayer.

Old June 16th 08, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default 25 bad things in CoD4 Multiplayer.

Hello,

Today I made a very lazy list of what I considered to be bad things in Call
of Duty 4... especially when compared to Battlefield 2. I am not saying
Battlefield 2 is perfect. I am not saying Call of Duty 4 is bad or anything
like that.

All I am saying these points are worth consider looking at and improving for
a next version of COD.

Here is the website, and here is the text from it:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...4BadThings.htm

"
Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer is nice and all but there are some things wrong
with it here is a list:

1. Weaping switching is wrong.

Pressing 2 or 3 multiple times switches between different weapons, this is
bad when panicking for example.
When out of machine gun ammunition pressing 2 multiple times should simply
switch to pistol only and not back and forth.
Actually when I first played the game I liked the rocket launcher smoke
effect and then it becomes far worse... 3 weapons, with 2 keys, that can't
go right
This is the biggest mistake in Call of Duty 4, so I started with that first,
now the rest of the points are in no particular order.

2. Bullit trails are for newbs.

Pistols don't leave smoke trails. The smoke trails "lines in the sky" are
for newbs and old-school shooters like Return To Castle Wolfenstein.
In Battlefield 2 it can be quite fun to see enemies be confused, and snipers
hiding in the grass for a long time

3. The maps are too small.

I can't even scratch my balls without immediatly getting shot so to speak.
This makes playing the sniper unit less fun.

4. No driveable vehicles.

No heli, no blackhack, etc. Flying can be fun in Battlefield 2

5. Can't create class while playing.

Must wait till end of round which kinda sucks.

6. Leveling to general was way too easy.

7. No stategic gameplay like capturing flags, or commander.

8. No squad based cooperating like given meds, ammo, or holding flags
together etc.

9. Bad granade launcher impact.

Sometimes granade launcher doesn't impact which is kinda lame and stupid.

10. Bad granade handling.

Granades immediatly throw when pressing 4 or 5... that's kinda stupid as
well.

I would first like to see which granade I am holding in case I pressed the
wrong key.
I made so many granade ****-up's in this game it's insane.
Again this is because the game deviates from what all other games use.
Deviating from the standard is bad.

11. CPU-Controlled Heli screws the game badly.

CPU-Controlled Heli gets for annoying and boring and is completely
pointless, it just ****s the game and ****s the players unneccessarily.
Getting shot like that sucks bad and player must simply re-walk to where he
was... pointless.

12. Calling in too many heli's all the time, and same goes for airstrikes.

At least in Battlefield 2 the artillery had a reload time preventing
constant artillery bombardges.
Airstrikes on such a small map ? Bit over the top ?

13. Heli's and Airstrikes even on building maps ? Kinda
unrealistic/weird/stupid/boring.

14. Can't see if friendly fire is on or off in the server info.

15. Can't see my health ?

16. Can't see what other weapons players are using ? or which class they are
playing ?

17. No weapon names ?

When shooting somebody it only shows an icon of the weapon... which is nice
but it would be good to show the weapon name as well so people learn the
weapon names.

18. Rocket launcher is pretty imprecise pretty crazy...

19. Flash bangs are very annoying.

20. Can't move at normal speed during flash bang ? Pretty stupid really...

21. Can't fire when reloading shotgun ?

The reloading should just stop and fire for god's sake !
But noooo.. the animation just continues with loading the shotgun until all
bullits loaded... pretty bad.
This makes it necessary to dance around enemy opponent while I could have
shot him ages ago really.
Also results in unnecessary deaths.

22. Often can't prone at all kinds of locations... pretty stupid.

I don't care what you do... for all I care you wrap your body around it...

23. Even little edges make the player stuck and can't go over it or passed
it.

24. Many wallhackers and cheaters in this game ?!?

Try to encrypt the graphics libraries or so.

25 The bandoline... when you die you drop a nade is pretty lame and
stupid...

Let the player do that himself if he can... auto-drop nades on death is
simply super lame and stupid and boring.
Get some skill will ya... just getting kills for dieing is lame.
It just slows down the game unnecessarily... I already shot you and killed
you...
why I need to wait for your auto-drop nade which required no skill from you
?
Seems like it forces the server to be in friendly fire off... otherwise
massive teamkillings !
"

The end ? hardly

Bye,
Skybuck

Old June 16th 08, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Carl

If you uninstall the game, then reinstall it, all your achievements are
lost.

Old June 16th 08, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Carl" wrote in message
If you uninstall the game, then reinstall it, all your achievements are
lost.

Wow, didn't know that.

Here some more things:

26. After each level team has to be re-chosen so that teams are mixed up,
this leads to no team building.

27. No direction indicator on radar... have to wait until enemy moves...
it's ok.

28. Achievements lost when re-installing game. (unconfirmed )

29. No base to defend.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 16th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

26. After each level team has to be re-chosen so that teams are mixed up,
this leads to no team building.

27. No direction indicator on radar... have to wait until enemy moves...
it's ok.

28. Achievements lost when re-installing game. (unconfirmed )

29. No base to defend.

30. Bullits go down because of gravity... I am not sure if COD4 has gravity
on bullits... probably not

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 17th 08, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Rod

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:42:53 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

1. Weaping switching is wrong.

Pressing 2 or 3 multiple times switches between different weapons, this is
bad when panicking for example.
When out of machine gun ammunition pressing 2 multiple times should simply
switch to pistol only and not back and forth.

So press it once.

3. The maps are too small.

Agreed.

4. No driveable vehicles.

No heli, no blackhack, etc. Flying can be fun in Battlefield 2

....and that's what annoys me about BF2. I like just being infantry.

5. Can't create class while playing.

Must wait till end of round which kinda sucks.

Agreed. I play on my clan's server which mixes up the playing styles
between each round. Kits I use for Search and Destroy differ to those
I use in HQ... and then I would have a different kit depending if I
was offensive and defensive. More slots to create more kits, please!

6. Leveling to general was way too easy.

Meh. Unlocking **** is tiresome anyway. Do away with the levelling and
give me the ability to use whatever weaps and addons I want.

7. No stategic gameplay like capturing flags, or commander.

Never used them in BF2, but Domination is cap the flag.

8. No squad based cooperating like given meds, ammo, or holding flags
together etc.

Domination. But I also play hardcore. Get hit by a bullet or two and
you're dead anyway. While I used to play as Support (? been that long
since I played BF2) how much ammo can you carry to give out, anyway?

9. Bad granade launcher impact.

Sometimes granade launcher doesn't impact which is kinda lame and stupid.

It has to arm first. That's the point. Has to travel a certain
distance otherwise you'd just blow yourself up.

10. Bad granade handling.

Granades immediatly throw when pressing 4 or 5... that's kinda stupid as
well.

Mapped to my middle mouse button and you can cook it as long as you
want... to the point it'll go off and kill you.

11. CPU-Controlled Heli screws the game badly.

CPU-Controlled Heli gets for annoying and boring and is completely
pointless, it just ****s the game and ****s the players unneccessarily.
Getting shot like that sucks bad and player must simply re-walk to where he
was... pointless.

Agreed.

14. Can't see if friendly fire is on or off in the server info.

I don't make it a habit of shooting my team so no big deal.

15. Can't see my health ?

How much health do you have right now?

16. Can't see what other weapons players are using ? or which class they are
playing ?

Why would you want to?

17. No weapon names ?

When shooting somebody it only shows an icon of the weapon... which is nice
but it would be good to show the weapon name as well so people learn the
weapon names.

You're dead, does it matter what weapon killed you? Can normally tell
by killcam anyway.

18. Rocket launcher is pretty imprecise pretty crazy...

It's unguided.

19. Flash bangs are very annoying.

They're meant to be.

20. Can't move at normal speed during flash bang ? Pretty stupid really...

That's a stun grenade, not a flashbang.

21. Can't fire when reloading shotgun ?
The reloading should just stop and fire for god's sake !
But noooo.. the animation just continues with loading the shotgun until all
bullits loaded... pretty bad.

Check again. I've been able to but then I don't use
the shotty that much.

22. Often can't prone at all kinds of locations... pretty stupid.

When you have no room to prone.

24. Many wallhackers and cheaters in this game ?!?

Try to encrypt the graphics libraries or so.

Yep, that'll fix it.

25 The bandoline... when you die you drop a nade is pretty lame and
stupid...

You mean martyr.

Bye,
Skybuck

Bye.
Old June 17th 08, 08:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Rod

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:06:51 +0100, "Carl"
wrote:

If you uninstall the game, then reinstall it, all your achievements are
lost.

Unless you save the players directory. Google.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old June 17th 08, 11:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

The key issue is very important and deserves a special thread.

When playing shooters after milliseconds counts.

Every destraction means certain death.

I can't look at the keys, because then I will loose track of the enemy and
the necessary dancing and then I will die in an intense shootout/dance !

So how do I know for sure if I pressed key 2 - the pistol key ?

I can't know for sure all the time...

Sometimes my fingers might be on different keys.

So a really good solution is something like Battlefield 2 uses:

I can press multiple keys... but no matter which key I pressed the following
happens:

Case 1: Machine gun is current and is empty. If machine gun key is pressed
nothing happens which is good, then I know I pressed the wrong key.

So then I try the next/other key.

Case 2: Machine gun is current and is empty. If pistol key pressed then
switching to pistol... I can even press multiple times... but it will just
switch to pistol anyway no matter what !

This is very good handling in Battlefield 2.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 17th 08, 11:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

You can be just infantry in Battlefield 2 what's the problem ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 17th 08, 11:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

I agree with you on the weapons.

Players should use anyway weapons they like.

Leveling is just for "status" / "honor" "look at me I am good" =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 17th 08, 11:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.shooters,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Granade launcher should always explode no matter what.

At least that allows me to take down enemy with me, (we both die)

Otherwise I die and not the enemy ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.