[WDM Problem] Is it possible acquire in DV Format?

Old August 1st 05, 03:56 PM
MazzzzzingaZ

Default [WDM Problem] Is it possible acquire in DV Format?

I've an analog cam connected to a GeForce Ti 4800 SE with a VIVO cable.
On my PC there are Nvidia 77.72 driver + Nvidia WDM Driver v2.26.
I use VEGAS 6 and I can't find capture format in the capture box. I can
select the WDM driver for acquiring, I can set the VIDEO Format
(PAL_G), brightness, contrast, resolution (PAL 720x576), but I can't
choose the file format.
Every file is an AVI uncompressed and they are too big (1-2 GB for
minute!!!!!!!).
I would like to know if the Nvidia WDM driver captures only in AVI
Uncompressed o ther is the way to select another format (like DV).
If so, can you tel me how?!?!?!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese...........
Tnx

Old August 1st 05, 10:28 PM
Cari

"MazzzzzingaZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've an analog cam connected to a GeForce Ti 4800 SE with a VIVO cable.
On my PC there are Nvidia 77.72 driver + Nvidia WDM Driver v2.26.
I use VEGAS 6 and I can't find capture format in the capture box. I can
select the WDM driver for acquiring, I can set the VIDEO Format
(PAL_G), brightness, contrast, resolution (PAL 720x576), but I can't
choose the file format.
Every file is an AVI uncompressed and they are too big (1-2 GB for
minute!!!!!!!).
I would like to know if the Nvidia WDM driver captures only in AVI
Uncompressed o ther is the way to select another format (like DV).
If so, can you tel me how?!?!?!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese...........
Tnx

You can't acquire in DV-AVI from an analog source... and they'd be 12gb per
hour. Other editing programs capture in different qualities... Good,
Better, Best etc. Try WinDVD Creator (www.intervideo.com) and PowerDirector
(www.gocyberlink.com) both have trial versions.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

Old August 2nd 05, 01:01 PM
Bushy

I know little of your specific problem, however i do know that you can get a
panasonic DV-avi codec somewhere on the internet. So, if you have an option
at some point to choose a codec, this will allow you to save it in DV-AVI
format. I found it was a bit picky, and would only work on video of the
right dimensions, but once that was set, it worked like a charm. Of course,
in my situation, i was just converting video, not capturing.

Hope this help, at least a little bit.

Bushy

Old August 10th 05, 11:01 AM
MazzzzzingaZ

In capturing it doesn't seem to be available!!! :-(
Thx

Mike Richter on Packet Writing Format (iv) smh Cdr 0 May 6th 05 11:15 AM
Newbie: OC Advice: AMDXP2200 CPU Donald Bock Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 12th 05 12:14 AM
windows XP format hdd Christo General 2 November 19th 04 07:48 PM
Packard Bell Legend 105CD - Restore CD Format Number? SonicClub Packard Bell Computers 30 June 13th 04 10:37 PM
Hard Drive Format Number and used HDs Spooky Packard Bell Computers 6 February 17th 04 11:35 AM