Can anyone tell me the Maximum operating temperature of the GeForce 7950 GT

Old June 1st 07, 03:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
32andtwentyseven

Default Can anyone tell me the Maximum operating temperature of the GeForce 7950 GT

Can anyone tell me the Maximum operating temperature of the GeForce
7950 GT?

This is a recent card and it currently operates in my machine at
around 56 - 59 Celsius.

Old June 1st 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
don't look[_2_]

You're not even close to overheating. 130C is the threshold of a 7900.
According to thisd article 125C is the threshold for shutdown.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/424/3/

Although the more heat it puts out the hotter the inside of the case gets
etc.

ups.com...

Old June 2nd 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
32andtwentyseven

On 1 Jun, 22:54, "don't look" don't wrote:
You're not even close to overheating. 130C is the threshold of a 7900.
According to thisd article 125C is the threshold for shutdown.http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/424/3/

Although the more heat it puts out the hotter the inside of the case gets
etc.

Thank you so much. Can you point me to a specific quiet fan or passive
cooler that will fit my card? I am really lost here. Thank you

Old June 2nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

32andtwentyseven wrote:
On 1 Jun, 22:54, "don't look" don't wrote:
You're not even close to overheating. 130C is the threshold of a 7900.
According to thisd article 125C is the threshold for shutdown.http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/424/3/

Although the more heat it puts out the hotter the inside of the case gets
etc.

Thank you so much. Can you point me to a specific quiet fan or passive
cooler that will fit my card? I am really lost here. Thank you

A VF900-Cu might work. The outer holes are 75.5mm apart, and you
can compare that to the center to center spacing of the diagonal
screws on the back of your card.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=192&code=013
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video...gt_back_bg.jpg

Thermalright has several VGA coolers and 7950GT is mentioned in
the compatibility list.

http://www.thermalright.com/default.htm

There are coolers here as well, but I usually have trouble figuring out
which video cards work with which coolers. Some review sites usually
have better pictures of the actual product.

http://www.arcticcooling.com/vga1.php

If you need more possible leads, as to brands, there are 65 coolers listed
on this page. The pictures on the Newegg site, are handy, when the manufacturer
pictures are not giving enough info.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...catego ry=576

Some of the smaller web vendors that specialize in cooling products, may have
a more varied selection.

Paul