Can I Format My SATA Drive Using XP's Disk Manager If DM Sees It?

Old August 12th 08, 12:52 AM posted to comp.hardware

Default Can I Format My SATA Drive Using XP's Disk Manager If DM Sees It?

Long and short of it:

Im running an Asus P5K Deluxe motherboard with the latest BIOS flash, 0812.

The P5K has SATA as well as ATA on board, and I am using the ATA with an old ATA drive
which has XP installed, as the boot drive.

Recently purchased a SATA drive, Seagate ST3250410AS. I want this to be my only
drive, but I dont want to have to have a floppy, when installing XP w/SP3 onto the
new SATA drive.

But maybe I wont. Heres the question. With the SATA attached, and the ATA
still being the boot, I can go into XP's Disk Management, and my SATA is listed
there, and it will let me set it up and format it if I wanted to. It shows its correct size.

Can I setup that SATA this way, so that it will be all ready for me to do a new install
of XP on that SATA, without having to have a floppy ready?