Clogged Black on i560

Old June 4th 05, 04:08 PM
measekite

PC Medic wrote:

"Shooter" wrote in message

Burt wrote:

Marc - you might be interested in going onto the forum at
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ and also clicking the Neil Slade link

at

the top of the nifty-stuff home page. Good info about printer

maintenance,

ink, paper, etc.

The information is informative but it is slanted and heavily skewed
toward AfterMarket inks by hobbists who use and promote that kind of
stuff; including fotofreak.

The majority of printer users who happen to use OEM ink in their printer
usually do not frequent those sites or this NG and have far less
problems than those you read about here.

"MarcD" wrote in message

I tried solvents, new black cartridges,
air blasts, and even contacted Canon. Their
stupid answer was make sure the cartridge
has ink. It was buy a new print head or
a new printer...WRONG...a pot with 1 inch of
very hot water cleared the clogged print head
in a couple of minutes. It was amazing how
fast that water turned solid black. A couple
of swishes, a little air blast, and that sucker
works perfect.

"measekite" wrote in message
om...

Now that is complete ******** from start to finish. OEM inks clog in
exactly the same way as third party ink., Infact some third party makers
add
a slightly higher volume of cleaner in their carts to help prevent
clogging.

Well now that's interesting. Suddenly the 3rd party manufacture knows what
is better for the printhead than the OEM so tosses some solvent into there
mix.

Absolutely

Yep, perfect example why NOT to buy that vendors ink solution.

Right On

The
majority of the printers use precise boiling point to deliver ink to paper,
you suppose this 'higher volume of cleaner' may change the boiling point of
the solution? You suppose this may effect print quality? You suppose this
could lead to premature head failure?

The Wanabees do not think like that. Now are you saying things that
these people consider sac religious.

Old June 4th 05, 04:10 PM
measekite

Ivor Floppy wrote:

"PC Medic" wrote in message

"MarcD" wrote in message

I tried solvents, new black cartridges,
air blasts, and even contacted Canon. Their
stupid answer was make sure the cartridge
has ink. It was buy a new print head or
a new printer...WRONG...a pot with 1 inch of
very hot water cleared the clogged print head
in a couple of minutes. It was amazing how
fast that water turned solid black. A couple
of swishes, a little air blast, and that sucker
works perfect.

"measekite" wrote in message
. com...

Now that is complete ******** from start to finish. OEM inks clog in
exactly the same way as third party ink., Infact some third party makers
add
a slightly higher volume of cleaner in their carts to help prevent
clogging.

Well now that's interesting. Suddenly the 3rd party manufacture knows what
is better for the printhead than the OEM so tosses some solvent into there
mix. Yep, perfect example why NOT to buy that vendors ink solution. The
majority of the printers use precise boiling point to deliver ink to
paper,

Except that Epson printers don't boil the ink....

you suppose this 'higher volume of cleaner' may change the boiling point
of the solution? You suppose this may effect print quality? You suppose
this could lead to premature head failure?

Does it really matter? Printers are designed to be throw away items these
days - much over the warranteed period seems to be a bonus. Why not save
youself some money...?

This is bull****. My HP has been out of warranty for 3 years and is
still going strong. Of course I use OEM ink.

Old June 4th 05, 06:26 PM
Shooter

Absolute Rubbish, nothing but the spread of alarm. I have been using this
ink now for three years with a CIS. Does it alter the colour and quality, it
certainly does by an increase of around 50%. to qualify, no bronzing with
semi gloss or full gloss paper, no clogs, colour so vibrant that you would
think the photo's were taken with say a Nikon F4 and processed in a pro lab.

If this is what the printer now produces I will take the very slight chance
of a head burnout. With regards to tossing solvent into the heads, what do
you think happens when you use cleaning carts and please don't use the
excuse that cleaning carts are only used now and again, don't forget
cleaning carts are pure cleaner irrespetfic of the formula used.

Old June 4th 05, 08:32 PM
PC Medic

"measekite" wrote in message

Now that is complete ******** from start to finish. OEM inks clog in
exactly the same way as third party ink., Infact some third party makers
add
a slightly higher volume of cleaner in their carts to help prevent
clogging.

Well now that's interesting. Suddenly the 3rd party manufacture knows
what is better for the printhead than the OEM so tosses some solvent into
there mix. Yep, perfect example why NOT to buy that vendors ink solution.
The majority of the printers use precise boiling point to deliver ink to
paper,

Except that Epson printers don't boil the ink....

Note the statement "The majority of the printers use precise boiling point
to deliver ink to paper" in my original response.
I am quite aware Epson uses a piezo-electric gate and never stated ALL use
the heat process.

you suppose this 'higher volume of cleaner' may change the boiling point
of the solution? You suppose this may effect print quality? You suppose
this could lead to premature head failure?

Does it really matter? Printers are designed to be throw away items these
days - much over the warranteed period seems to be a bonus. Why not save
youself some money...?

Perhaps your printer is designed to be throw-away, I prefer to continue
using my printers LONG beyond the warranty period.

Old June 4th 05, 08:41 PM
PC Medic

"Shooter" wrote in message
Absolute Rubbish, nothing but the spread of alarm. I have been using this
ink now for three years with a CIS. Does it alter the colour and quality,
it
certainly does by an increase of around 50%. to qualify, no bronzing with
semi gloss or full gloss paper, no clogs, colour so vibrant that you would
think the photo's were taken with say a Nikon F4 and processed in a pro
lab.

You're suggesting the after-market ink you use 'improves' your print quality
by 50% over that of the OEM designed for your printer!?
I find this quite unbelievable. While there may be some fair quality
after-market inks out there, none that can claim this.

If this is what the printer now produces I will take the very slight
chance
of a head burnout. With regards to tossing solvent into the heads, what do
you think happens when you use cleaning carts and please don't use the
excuse that cleaning carts are only used now and again, don't forget
cleaning carts are pure cleaner irrespetfic of the formula used.

And cleaning carts are *not* OEM any more than the after-market inks you
push, or are they ever recommended by the manufacture (none I have ever
dealt with any way). The cleaning carts I have see are also NOT "pure
cleaner" and are usualy a diluted soulution of distilled water, amonia and
alchohol.

Old June 4th 05, 10:25 PM
measekite

"MarcD" wrote in message

I tried solvents, new black cartridges,
air blasts, and even contacted Canon. Their
stupid answer was make sure the cartridge
has ink. It was buy a new print head or
a new printer...WRONG...a pot with 1 inch of
very hot water cleared the clogged print head
in a couple of minutes. It was amazing how
fast that water turned solid black. A couple
of swishes, a little air blast, and that sucker
works perfect.

"measekite" wrote in message
.com...

[...]

Sock it to em!

you suppose this 'higher volume of cleaner' may change the boiling point
of the solution? You suppose this may effect print quality? You suppose
this could lead to premature head failure?

Does it really matter? Printers are designed to be throw away items these
days - much over the warranteed period seems to be a bonus. Why not save
youself some money...?

Perhaps your printer is designed to be throw-away, I prefer to continue
using my printers LONG beyond the warranty period.

Sock it to em again!

Old June 4th 05, 10:29 PM
measekite

PC Medic wrote:

"Shooter" wrote in message

Absolute Rubbish, nothing but the spread of alarm. I have been using this
ink now for three years with a CIS. Does it alter the colour and quality,
it
certainly does by an increase of around 50%. to qualify, no bronzing with
semi gloss or full gloss paper, no clogs, colour so vibrant that you would
think the photo's were taken with say a Nikon F4 and processed in a pro
lab.

You're suggesting the after-market ink you use 'improves' your print quality
by 50% over that of the OEM designed for your printer!?
I find this quite unbelievable. While there may be some fair quality
after-market inks out there, none that can claim this.

AMEN!

If this is what the printer now produces I will take the very slight
chance
of a head burnout. With regards to tossing solvent into the heads, what do
you think happens when you use cleaning carts and please don't use the
excuse that cleaning carts are only used now and again, don't forget
cleaning carts are pure cleaner irrespetfic of the formula used.

And cleaning carts are *not* OEM any more than the after-market inks you
push, or are they ever recommended by the manufacture (none I have ever
dealt with any way). The cleaning carts I have see are also NOT "pure
cleaner" and are usualy a diluted soulution of distilled water, amonia and
alchohol.

AT LAST SOMEONE ON THIS NG SAID SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE.

Old June 4th 05, 11:05 PM
Burt

"measekite" wrote in message
(snip)
Sock it to em!

Measekite has been watching old laugh in reruns again.
(snip)

Old June 4th 05, 11:13 PM
Burt

"PC Medic" wrote in message

"Shooter" wrote in message
[...]

Which, from my experience, works quite well in Epson dye-based printers.
Actually a mixture of Windex original formula (main components are water and
alcohol with a hint of ammonia, a surfactant, and a splash of blue dye to
make you think you bought something more than water and alcohol) and a bit
of isopropyl alcohol clears the usual head clog that doesn't respond to the
cleaning cycles. For specific proportions and more detailed instructions
read Art Entlich's manual. I don't want to quote from his material as I may
misquote it --- his technique tells how to clean the under surface of the
print head without removal and clean the jets with cleaning cartridges.
PC - To my knowledge, these are not the corrosive materials that you warned
about in an earlier post.

Old June 4th 05, 11:19 PM
Shooter

Oh dear, another disbeliever, Let me say that 35% of that figure is down
to Bronzing, if of course you have any idea what that is, the rest is a
mixture of colour, contrast, and the feel you get when you see prints of
top quality.

Now to your last paragraph, I do not push inks as you call it, I don't sell
ink, so please stop the sly remarks. I do however try to help people with
problems with printers, unlike yourself who pours cold water on everything
discussed.

Last but not least, when I talk about cleaning carts I refer to them as
different to ink carts, Others as well as myself are very much aware of the
chemical make up and that make up only clouds the subject discussed. Just to
inform you that although diluted Ammonia may well work on some ink it will
fail with others that's maybe because of mismatched pH value. If you get the
wrong combination it would be better to fill the cleaning cart with ****.