Lexmark Printer Problems - Printer Cover Open?

Old April 11th 05, 07:46 PM
Diane

Default Lexmark Printer Problems - Printer Cover Open?

A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it
appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it
brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover
is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does
anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Diane

Old April 12th 05, 03:11 AM
Taliesyn

Diane wrote:
A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it
appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it
brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover
is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does
anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Diane

Hi,

This may or may not be the problem, but I'm wild guessing that perhaps
the printer's cover door *is* fully closed but isn't depressing the
switch enough to prevent the "printer cover open" message from being
sent to the computer. Locate where the printer door activates the switch
on the printer and try depressing the switch with a finger or pen or
pencil to see if that turns off the message next time she prints.

Logically that should be the only reason she would get that message -
the switch isn't being depressed enough.

I used to have a Lexmark and I knew where that switch was, but I don't
know where it is on the X1150.

Sometimes I like to lift the cover and see if my work is printing
properly. Of course you can only do that if you depress the door
switch with your finger or pencil. On my Canon i860 it's an easily
accessible (white) switch that I can just hold down with a finger.
On my newer iP5000 it's somewhat more hidden, requiring the use of a
pencil.

-Taliesyn
Old April 13th 05, 08:37 AM
Diane

Thanks Taliesyn
I will have another look at it next time I call round to see her.
Diane