Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 16th 05, 12:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

Davy

Old November 16th 05, 05:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

BCI-6 tanks don't need to stand for any appreciable period of time after
refilling. You do need to permit any ink that will drip out of the outlet
port to do so before replacing the cart into the printer. If you have a
good seal on the refill hole the dripping will stop after just a few drops
and will not leak into the printhead.

m...

Old November 16th 05, 05:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:

BCI-6 tanks don't need to stand for any appreciable period of time after
refilling.

REFILLING IS TROUBLE STANDING OR SITTING

You do need to permit any ink that will drip out of the outlet
port to do so before replacing the cart into the printer.

JUST GIVE IT A GOOD SQUEEZE

If you have a
good seal

HOW ABOUT A WALRUS

on the refill hole the dripping will stop after just a few drops

GETTING ON YOUR CARPET

and will not leak into the printhead.

om...

Old November 16th 05, 05:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:48:00 GMT, measekite
wrote:

How many people out their believe in using 3rd party inks? If so what
is your brand, printer, paper and your experience with them. How long
have you been using them and how often do you print. How many of you
have had problems with print clogging the head, fading, lower quality
print results?

How much of a mess is it to refill cartridges and how long does it
take. How can you tell when the tank is running low without having to
remove the cart and inspect is physically?

If you only print every couple of weeks with you have a clogging problem
with non factory ink? I have no problems now with my Canon Pixma IP4000
but spending half of what you paid for the printer for ink is high.
Also spending $75 for a print head is out of line when I just saw the
IP4000 for a net price of $100 at Frys after a $30 instant rebate plus a
$20 mail in rebate.

I've been using sensient refill ink (from alotofthings.com)

DUB DUB DE DUM

for a year
now in my i960. Refills average about 60 cents per cartridge. The refill
process is very simple and not messy.

REFILLING IS A MESSY PAIN IN THE ASS

Prints are excellent, comparable
to Canon cartridges.

CANON OEM INK PRODUCES BETTER RESULTS

I try to print at least once a week, and have had
no clogs or other problems.

A CLOG WAITING TO HAPPEN

The prism in the cartridge gives me a
dependable warning when the ink is low. I have already saved more than
the cost of a new printer (compared to Canon cartridges) and have only
used about 10% of the 4 ounce bottles of ink I originally bought. You
don't need to buy a refill kit if you have access to some old syringes
and a hot glue gun (for sealing the refill holes).

WHAT A PAIN

A drill or a heated
nail works fine for putting a refill hole in the cartridge. I bought
several empty cartridges for backup, but haven't had to use them yet, as
the cartridges that came with the printer are still working fine after 5
or 6 refills each. Instructions for refilling are available on-line from
a bunch of sources. This has been a complete winner for me!

IS THIS
A WINNER FOR A LOOSER OR A
A LOOSER FOR A WINNER OR A
LOOSER FOR A LOOSER
Old November 16th 05, 05:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Jim wrote:

I buy my cartridges from a guy on ebay.

WHY NOT BUY THEM FROM A GUY ON THE STREET

I've been using them for a
couple of years with no problems in my I860.
I bought a set of cartridges at a computer show.

* The color was really
bad. *

I ruined about 50 photos before I noticed the problem.
I installed cartridges from the ebay guy and the problem did not go
away. I didn't realize that the ink in the sponge at the head had to
work it's way out. When that finally happened the prints came out
fine.
Every bit as good as genuine Canon ones.

The sellers ebay id is abacusInk

A REAL WINNER

My last purchase from him was for 4 complete sets, 20 cartridges in
all. The cost was 40.80. That is about what 1 set of cannon
cartridges would be.
I realize that it's more than the reinking cost but there is no fuss
or bother.
I have no relationship with abacusink other than as a customer.

WHAT A WASTE

Old November 16th 05, 08:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

Davy wrote:

Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

I have several sets of cartridges in rotation for my 3 printers. When a
particular color cartridge reads 'low' I remove the whole color set
(except for the large BCI-3e) and put in 4 refilled cartridges I kept in
storage.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS

Then I refill the ones I took out and put them in storage. They
may not be used again for a month or two, so that will give them
plenty of time to stabilize. I refill rather slowly at first, putting
in just enough in the empty chamber to let the sponge soak it all up.
Once the sponge has stopped absorbing, I fill the chamber rather
quickly, leaving
about 4 or 5/16ths of air at the top. No fuss, no mess, no gloves, no

BIG FUSS BIG MESS AND MOMMY SPANKS HIM FOR GETTING INK ON THE CARPETS

sink. Works fine for me. . .

-Taliesyn

Old November 16th 05, 08:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks to Burt & Taliesyn for info,
I'm learning - slowly.... and may I ask how you seal the nozzle end
whilst in storage, I would imagine tape or better still some form of
end cap that was a tight fit perhaps..?

Davy

Old November 16th 05, 08:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:
Davy wrote:

Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

I have several sets of cartridges in rotation for my 3 printers. When a
particular color cartridge reads 'low' I remove the whole color set
(except for the large BCI-3e) and put in 4 refilled cartridges I kept in
storage. Then I refill the ones I took out and put them in storage. They
may not be used again for a month or two, so that will give them plenty
of time to stabilize. I refill rather slowly at first, putting in just
enough in the empty chamber to let the sponge soak it all up. Once the
sponge has stopped absorbing, I fill the chamber rather quickly, leaving
about 4 or 5/16ths of air at the top. No fuss, no mess, no gloves, no
sink. Works fine for me. . .

-Taliesyn

This is very good advice for those would be first time refillers seeking
procedural instructions. This type of informative instruction from an
actual user is exactly what this ng should be about.
Thanks.
Frank
Old November 16th 05, 09:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

fb wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Davy wrote:

[...]

THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE. THE BEST ADVICE THAT WILL HAVE THE HIGHEST
PROBABILITY OF PRTECTING YOUR PRINTER IS TO USE CANON OEM CARTS
Old November 16th 05, 09:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Davy wrote:

Thanks to Burt & Taliesyn for info,
I'm learning - slowly.... and may I ask how you seal the nozzle end
whilst in storage, I would imagine tape or better still some form of
end cap that was a tight fit perhaps..?

Davy

DO NOT DISSAPPOINT AND JOIN DA CHURCH