Need Help with changing paper size with dot matrix (IBM 2381)

Old November 18th 04, 07:03 PM
Danny

Default Need Help with changing paper size with dot matrix (IBM 2381)

I have an IBM dot matrix 2381 PPSII and it is connected to my XP machine via
parallel cable.

I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper size
using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one to
be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work. I even have the
tractor fed set to this paper size which is (4 by 8). It always prints and
then advances to the next page thinking it is the size of 8.5 by 11.

I am trying to print to print receipts on form fed or fanfold paper that is
size of 4 by 8, like the size of an envelope.

What to do?

Old November 18th 04, 11:10 PM
xevious

I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper
size
using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one

be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work.

Forget about all of them then go to add new printer and choose IBM
PROPRINTER 24/XL once created go to its properties and disable the spooler
and set to print directly to port and voila happy printing with that
printer.

Old November 19th 04, 06:09 AM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:10:24 -0500, "xevious"
wrote:

I have tried several different drives in xp and even changed the paper

size
using the 'server settings' and add my own paper size. I select this one

be used in the printer driver but it does not seem to work.

Forget about all of them then go to add new printer and choose IBM
PROPRINTER 24/XL once created go to its properties and disable the spooler
and set to print directly to port and voila happy printing with that
printer.

I suspect that this solution will not solve the problem.
I am not familiar with XP - I have my dot matrix connected to Win
3.1 to print labels, and what I had to do was -go to the printer setup
and change the size of the page in order to be able to print one label
at a time. You might have to go to the Control Panel and change the
properties there.

HTH
Geo