All printers stink

Old July 12th 08, 05:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default All printers stink

TJ wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:
Hi Burt,

There is some irony to this thread, in that I actually do agree (in
part) with the statement that newer printers aren't as reliable or
durable (and yet the OP still chose to argue the point with me, which
is why, in part, I gave up on him).

As you know, I deal with a lot of inkjet printer users, and although
I am sure some of the increase demand for assistance is just the fact
that with lower prices, more people are buying the technology,

I do find the newer models are not as likely to survive as long and
the reliability and manufacturing tolerances (or at least the amount
of QC done prior to leaving the factory) is not as good as it once
was. And I'm sure we hear less about them also because many people
just "dump" a broken or difficult prints with the current new
purchase often less than the cost of the ink cartridge set (OEM).

The Canon line went through a huge redesign when the "i" printers
came out, and those are considerably more reliable than the former BJ
models, so Canon has a slightly different marketing curve.

Art

I go to visit the Vermont mountains for a couple of days, and when I
get back I see the Complaint Department is still open. Sigh. They
never listen, do they? I can't help but wonder, if he's had so much
bad luck finding a new printer that will function for him, why doesn't
he try buying an older one somewhere? And if the printers he used in
the past were so good, why isn't he using them yet today? It's a
conundrum.

He won't listen to my experiences, since I haven't purchased a "new"
printer in over 25 years. My two current printers, a Deskjet 5650 and
an Officejet 6110, are of 2003 vintage. I bought the second on Ebay,
and the first was stuffed in a $5 bag at a church sale. Both work
fine. No paper jams, and the only reason one color cartridge gave up
was that I didn't get it refilled before it ran out. They've been very
reliable.

But, they don't speak to his premise that "all new stuff is crap,"
because the designs are more than five years old. But it's a funny
thing... I had older HPs with paper-handling problems, but the two
newer ones never have them. And I had two Epsons that were constantly
clogging, whether I used OEM or aftermarket ink. The two newer
printers - not so much. I've found the newer printers to be much less
trouble than the old ones.

But he either won't believe me, or call me a troll and/or a liar,
without telling us specifically which printers have given him trouble
and why. I don't know why Michael keeps wasting his time with him.

Because Junior and he are cut from the same cloth. Junior may be worse
which is why he is Junior.

TJ

Old July 12th 08, 07:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

You're ceasing to be entertaining. You will be back in my kill file
very soon. You're too easy to target but then you are the village
idiot. It is to be expected.

measekite wrote:
See how many times Junior will answer my posts with diatribe just like
his majesty Da Jerk.

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:
Cannot hear you Junior

It is a known fact that nearly all village idiots suffer from hearing
loss.

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 8, 12:06 am, Michael Johnson wrote:
I just don't see the reason for anyone to complain about
cheap
printers
when there are plenty of models they can buy that will
give the the
durability they desire. They just can't be cheapskates
about forking
over the cash to acquire them. Like the old saying goes,
"You get
what
you pay for"

?!
Cheap in quality too. Price don't matter. Headaches do. I
have much
better things in life than returning printers each week.
Life is too
short. My gripe is legit. Charge more printer mfgs, and
get the
rinkles out (again).

I too admire a lot a things about today's printers, but
not all,
especially things that don't work, yet worked ok in the
past, simple
things like ink reliability and can it easily accept
paper and send it
through without rinkles or completely jamming.

This gripe is mainly aimed at inkjets. I had/have no
problems with HP
lasers as well as a few inkjets in the past .. as I said.

We have the following Canon printers: iP4000; MP780; i960;
S520; i9100; and an N2000. They are all working and the
newest one is almost three years old. They have never
given us a minute of trouble except for a very occasion
minor head clog.
Due to the poor ink. Mine never clogs.

Hey there Village Idiot, heads clog with OEM ink too.
Otherwise why would Canon have the print head cleaning
feature in all their inkjet printer software? My God you
are stupid!

The MP780 does duty in my home office and has never once
hiccuped for any task. The paper feeder (or anything else
for that matter) has never failed once in the 3 years I
have had it. I have a few HP LaseJets too that are
working just fine for over five years or more. The 2100M
has a problem with feeding too many pages through the
manual feed tray but I don't use that feature much so it
hasn't been a major issue.

My point is that my PERSONAL experience is pretty much the
exact opposite of yours. I don't see myself as dodging
bullets when it comes to our printers. I think my
experience is more typical of what the average user
encounters.
Not really. The average user uses OEM ink.

The average user probably does use OEM ink but then their
print heads clog too. Why is that? I have an iP4000 and
i960 using compatible inks
No you don;t. You use inks that are made by someone you do
not know the name of that is purchased by some reseller who
will not tell you. Your inks are more prone to clog and
produce lower quality and are much less fade resisitant.
Even though PCWorld soft pedaled the poor crap ink in their
current issue report they did come to the same conclusions.
I am sure you know much less than they do.

Hey there Village Idiot, I don't care who made it

Right. Just like I said...You do not know.
or how they made it. It is inexpensive
Yes
and it works like OEM ink for my needs.

That is because your needs are minimal.
I have prints that are years and years old that have not faded
in any perceptible way.

It is just that everyone else can percieve the fading.
I have saved thousands of dollars

You saved nothing. You spend less and get less. That is not
savings. The person that bought a Kia did not save anything
over a person that bought a BMW. They did spend less and got
less.
using high quality compatible inks
Compatible is a meaningless term and there is not high quality.
and thanks to people like you (i.e. OEM shills) I can also
enjoy the fact I can buy a decent printer for less than the
cost of a set of OEM cartridges. I have the best of both worlds.
That is what you thing and that keeps the fly by nites in
business. Maybe you are associated with them I do not know.
This is why you are a moron because you condone everyone
shoveling their money into the Canon OEM black hole. God

if there is one for you and I both do not know.
has a plan for us all and yours is being our village idiot.

and I can't remember the last time they clogged. Go back to
being our village idiot.

I choose not to take your place
You're REALLY good at it.

Once again, you have proven why you are the village idiot. Keep
up the good work!

Now Now what is bothering you Junior.

Nothing. The more I call you the village idiot the better it fits
you.

Say what you want Junior

You're still our village idiot. It is now tattooed on your forehead.

Old July 12th 08, 10:09 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Please hurry Junior

Michael Johnson wrote: You're ceasing to be entertaining.  You will be back in my kill file very soon.  You're too easy to target but then you are the village idiot.  It is to be expected.

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:

Old July 13th 08, 01:01 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Junior is still reading HTML

Michael Johnson wrote: The village idiot is still posting in HTML.

measekite wrote:
Please hurry Junior

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:

Old July 13th 08, 02:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

You also love being our village idiot.

measekite wrote:
I love it when you, Junior, the holy one and others go at it.

wrote:
On Jul 10, 9:23 pm, "Burt" wrote:

Measekite's is the only other person who calls everyone a shill for
non-oem
inks when they post positive experiences about aftermarket products!
Do I
see a pattern emerging???.

It already has with your two cents worth.

Old July 14th 08, 01:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt[_3_]

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
[...]

Art - reduced longevity and reliability as well as poorer QC from the
factory can be said for many products in addition to printers. Most American
car manufacturers came through years of poor quality and need for more
repairs than their Japanese counterparts. BMW's, Porsches, and Mercedes
also have a record of needing more repairs in spite of their high level of
engineering and great drivability. The Korean cars, on the other hand, have
improved their quality control and are pretty highly regarded by Consumers
Union.

The old "workhorse" Epson Stylus Color 800 (If I recall the number
correctly) that I used for several years was pretty much indestructable.
The downside was fairly frequent clogging after a few years (with the use of
OEM inks only) which I was able to clear with techniques from your manual.
The more recent models may be less well made and give less years of service,
but they also have the benefit of newer and better technology, produce
better photos, and cost considerably less. I've bought my Canon printers
new but on closeout when Canon introduced new models. The last two I bought
were ip5000's for $100 each - one to use and one to save as a spare which is
still in its factory seale box. The ip5000 we are using has worked for
nearly two years without a hiccup and it loves the Image Specialist inks I
feed it. The printer models that I would expect to be the worst would be
the ones that are given away free with the purchase of a camera or computer.
I imagine that these are the real throw-away models in the industry. Pity
the poor unsuspecting souls who actually think they got something free, only
to find out the cost of the ink per cc. for these units.

On the Nifty-stuff forum the participants, mostly Canon users, are holding
on to their non-chipped models as long as possible. There are several who
are now using the ip4500 and some ip3500 models - not expensive models by
any means - and I haven't seen complaints about them other than the chip
issue and resultant lack of many compatable carts. Refilling has been as
easy as the unchipped units except for the loss of warranty and ink level
monitor. That problem is now solved with the chip resetters that are
becoming more reasonably priced. I think you are right that the QC on these
units has been quite good.

Burt

Old July 15th 08, 05:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default All printers stink (ALSO FRANK AND MEASEKITE STINK ALSO!!!)

YES, ALL PRINTERS STINK. HOWEVER, FRANK AND MEASEKITE STINK ALSO.

FRANKSEKITE

P.S. YES, I AM THE OFFSPRING OF FRANK AND MEASEKITE