recover data from reformatted hard drive

Old January 23rd 08, 07:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
macy

Default recover data from reformatted hard drive

As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
to the

drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
drive E used

for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
whole

hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
So the

data were gone.
i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
didn't

work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
Thanks!!!
Old January 23rd 08, 09:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Luce

On Jan 23, 3:53*pm, macy wrote:
As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
to the

drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
drive E used

for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
whole

hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
So the

data were gone.
i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
didn't

work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
Thanks!!!

Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch
Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...473ae43 46767

Old January 23rd 08, 01:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"macy" wrote in message
As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
to the

drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
drive E used

for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
whole

hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
So the

data were gone.
i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
didn't

work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
Thanks!!!

It isn't possible to format more than 1 drive at a time, so you can't have
accidentally formatted the whole drive.

You either destroyed the partitions and re-created a new partition for the
C: drive. If you had done this you would know about it as you have to get
through many checks and double checks before it will do that. It might be
that just need to mount the D and E drives in Windows and the data will all
be still there. Right click My Computer and choose 'Manage'. Go to the Disk
Management entry on the tree on the left of your Computer Management and
maximise the screen. The right hand side is split in 2 vertically. The lower
half of the lists your physical drives and the partition sizes. The list at
the top shows the logical drives. If there are spaces on your hard disk in
the lower half of this screen that have no Letter assigned to them, simply
right click on the space and follow your nose. The options are something
like 'mount drive' or 'assign a letter to the drive' - something like that.

Old January 24th 08, 03:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ChangBroot

To be optimistic, I think you can only recover about 80% of what you
lost, but the rest would be renamed and difficult to recognize, unless
you have time. Further to recover your files you need an extra Hard
Drive (HD) to store them. You cannot restore your files on the same HD
cause it'll overwrite the formatted/deleted ones. Now those things being
said, you have two (almost) options to start recovering your files.

1. Ultimate Recovery CD 2008 (Bootable)

Code:
--------------------

http://rapidshare.com/files/70938752/URC_2008.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/70938502/URC_2008.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/70946108/URC_2008.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/70941724/URC_2008.part4.rar

--------------------

2. MiniPE Bootable CD with tons of Software

Code:
--------------------

http://rapidshare.com/files/79995574...2007.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/79995565...2007.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/79994873...2007.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/79994038...2007.part4.rar

--------------------

I've tried MiniPE and it's the best. Next time you don't even have to
format your whole HD, just delete Windows folder and it's related stuff
and you're good to go.

Peace

Old January 24th 08, 08:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

macy wrote:

As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
to the

drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
drive E used

for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
whole

hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
So the

data were gone.
i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
didn't

work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
Thanks!!!

how did you reformate the hard drive? IE what did you use