Backup to External Drive

Old July 23rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David Vincent-Jones

Default Backup to External Drive

I am now using an external HD for all of my backup materials.
I can do a System backup through Windeows Explorer but the Acer/Ghost
built-in system will only recognize the split part (D of the internal
drive or a CD/DVD drive.
Is there a way to get my TravelMate 8100 and Norton to recognise outside
drives?

David

Old July 23rd 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
litefrozen

In article l63pi.10207$zy4.9276@trndny07, David Vincent-Jones wrote:

I am now using an external HD for all of my backup materials.
I can do a System backup through Windeows Explorer but the Acer/Ghost
built-in system will only recognize the split part (D of the internal
drive or a CD/DVD drive.
Is there a way to get my TravelMate 8100 and Norton to recognise outside
drives?

David

You'd be better off to get a copy of Acronis True Image ($49)
thats what I did so I could back up to external USB Maxtor drive.
It will cover everything even back the hidden partitions.

or you can look at a Drive image XL which is free.
Old July 23rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
milsabords[_2_]

litefrozen wrote:

or you can look at a Drive image XL which is free.

Drive Image XML ;-).
Old July 24th 07, 09:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
David Vincent-Jones

I have tried out Drive Image XML and find it works very well .. nice product
... thanks Guys.

Old July 25th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Narre

litefrozen wrote:

or you can look at a Drive image XL which is free.

Drive Image XML ;-).

Acronis works for me. I've never had much luck with Ghost.