Installing front USB cables? Help please - don't know which cables!!!

Old May 2nd 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
David D

Default Installing front USB cables? Help please - don't know which cables!!!

I don't want to fry my motherboard so I thought I would ask here
first. I want to install the frontside USB slots to my motherboard.
Now, I have two sets of cables coming from the front of my case.
My motherboard is an ASUS M2NPV-VM.
The cables are multicoloured and break into four smaller pieces
labelled as such :

L-IN
L-OUT
GND
MIC BIAS

The second set, attached directly to the first is the opposite :
R-IN
R-OUT
GND
MIC BIAS

Now, I am assuming this is the cable for the headphones in the front
(located beside the USB slots)

Here is the other cable coming out of the front of the case:

DATA+1
DATA-1
GND1
VCC1

and conversely the second set of cables:

DATA+2
DATA-2
GND2
VCC2

Now I am unsure of the order of these smaller single pin female
cables. I have an 8 pin male connector on the motherboard
called :USB50 and USB70.
Since they are 8 pin male and there are 4 single pin females to go in,
I am not sure of the
1) ORDER they are put in
2) Where exactly on the motherboard it should go, although I am
assuming the USB 50 or USB 70
3) if I have the right cables from the front of the case.

I have gone over the instruction manual and it doesn't seem to help me
much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I have included
enough information...

Cables olegb Overclocking 3 November 6th 06 05:45 PM
USB 2.0 cables. irwell Printers 23 October 7th 05 02:30 AM
40 pin cables and 80 pin cables on hard drives senn General 16 February 21st 05 07:36 AM
Newbie - conecting motherboard cables with a case cables [email protected] General 2 September 6th 04 12:46 PM
Newbie - conecting motherboard cables with a case cables [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 2 September 6th 04 12:46 PM