Pressit PrintClean inkjet cleaning cartridges?

Old March 8th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

Default Pressit PrintClean inkjet cleaning cartridges?

Hi folks,

I'm having immense problems with an Epson Stylus Colour Photo 950 7 colour
printer which continually holds up all my work and prevents me from meeting
deadlines. I go to print a document in a hurry only to find there's no ink
on the paper. I then go through multiple cleaning cycles to find that one or
two colours come back faintly, and after a few more cycles I may get another
colour too, but eventually I'll loose one of the existing colours and get
nowhere. In the process hours go by (!) and I literally run out of ink and
have to install new carts just to keep cleaning! Currently my yellow has
been completely blocked for the past couple of months and I've installed 3
yellow carts just to try and unblock it.

My question is, has anyone used the Pressit PrintClean inkjet cleaning
cartridges? How good are they - do they actually work? I notice they produce
one for each colour, which in my case would mean buying 7 for the whole
printer! Is there any reason for that? Surely they are all identical and I
only need buy one and use it in each position in turn. Anyway, I'd really
like to hear some verdicts on this before I spend more money on an expensive
door stop.

Thanks in advance!

Old March 8th 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

ARE YOU USING AFTERMARKET INK?

IF YOU NEED TO DEPEND ON A PRINTER LIKE YOU SAY THEN YOU SHOULD GO GET A
CANON IP5200 AND USE OEM INK INSTEAD OF FARTING AROUND IN THIS NG
LISTENING TO REFILLERS AND SALES PEOPLE FOR INK RELABELERS.

Old March 8th 06, 09:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Best thing to do is seek Arthur Entlich, you'll see his scribings up
and down these pages.

Ask Art for his cleaning instructions, which he will email to you
without charge his addx is-:

e-printerhelp(@)mvps(.)org
remove the brackets leaving no spaces quoting the model and the
fault.

Davy

Old March 8th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

I use epson ink. I paid A LOT of money for this printer, at least for me. It
was £360 when I bought it.

Why would the canon IP5200 be any better? But more to the point, has anyone
had any success using the Pressit cleaning cartridges? thanks

On 8/3/06 20:07, in article
, "measekite"

Old March 8th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

flex wrote:

[...]

I had an Epson that was similarly difficult to get a decent ink-flow
through. Someone suggested cleaning the heads by soaking them in (I
think) methalated spirit, (or it might have been surgical spirit or
something similar). Google will help you.

That worked really well - it took a while and made a right mess, but it
got the Epson back on the road eventually.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the Pressit system. Like you, I can't
see any reason for needing different cartridges, except that presumably,
each one is different, so that the printer knows which is which (unless
it only relies on you putting them in the right slots, I suppose). What
happens now if you swap the colour cartridges around? do they fit?
Does the printer recognise that they've moved?

Good luck.

Peter

--
This address is never read; use
peterattheleesdotukdotnet
Old March 9th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

flex wrote:

Why would the canon IP5200 be any better?

Probably because in the Canon printers the jets are built in to the
carts, so they are new with each cartridge, whereas the Epsons have
fixed jets and all you change is the ink.

Pity, because Epson colour quality is superb.

Having said that, the secret seems to be to use only Epson original ink
(which you say you do), and to have a fairly large throughput. My son in
law, a graphic artist, uses an Epson six colour printer for proofing and
has no problems with blockages.
--
Peter
Old March 9th 06, 02:32 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"flex" wrote in message
[...]

Someone suggested contacting Arthur Entlich and asking him for his Epson
head cleaning manual. Excellent advice. He helped me with a clogged Epson
in mid 2004 and I was so thankful for the time and effort he went to on a
voluntary basis that I stayed on this newsgroup to lend a hand with the
admittedly limited knowledge and experience I've gained through over 25
years of computer use. Don't follow anyone's advice to remove the print
head - follow Arthur's advice to the letter. He does mention cleaning
cartridges and tells you how to make them up for pennies. I see, from
someone's response to our resident troll, that a Canon with only OEM ink was
suggested as the solution to your problem. If you like the Epson, then by
all means, try to fix it. If it doesn't work out you can always consider
another printer, be it Epson, Canon, or HP. I switched to Canon printers
because of the ease of refilling the BCI-6 cartridges. Unfortunately, Canon
has now put chips on their newest printer cartridges and anyone who
purchases these printers will have to wait for a "work-around" if they want
to refill and retain the ink level monitor function. I also saw that
someone mistakenly thought that the Canon printer cartridges came with the
print head built in. Epson print head are built into the printer. Canon
print heads are removeable, but they are separate from the carts. The HP
printers I have read about on this NG do have their print heads built into
the carts, so any clog is fixed, simply, by purchasing a new ink cart.

Old March 9th 06, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,uk.comp.sys.mac

Peter Ceresole wrote:

flex wrote:

Why would the canon IP5200 be any better?

Probably because in the Canon printers the jets are built in to the
carts, so they are new with each cartridge, whereas the Epsons have
fixed jets and all you change is the ink.

ANOTHER WHO DOES NOT KNOW

Old March 9th 06, 03:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Davy wrote:

Best thing to do is seek Arthur Entlich, you'll see his scribings up
and down these pages.

Ask Art for his cleaning instructions, which he will email to you
without charge his addx is-:

e-printerhelp(@)mvps(.)org

YOU MADE A TYPE IN ARTS EMAIL ADDRESS
THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS:

USE ALL LOWER CASE

Old March 9th 06, 05:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Burt" wrote:
"flex" wrote in message
[...]

Burt
For clarification, the lower end Canons tend to have heads built into the
cartridges and the medium to higher end have separate user replaceable heads.
HP on the other hand are the other way round, their higher end inkjets have
separate ink tanks and user replaceable heads and the lower end have heads
built into the cartridge.
This is a generalisation and there may be some exceptions.
An interesting difference in approach nevertheless.
Tony

Inkjet cartridges JMcKee Printers 2 January 15th 04 04:51 PM
inkjet cleaning Andy Printers 3 December 14th 03 12:57 AM
Inkjet Cartridges Jason Armstrong Printers 1 December 13th 03 11:54 AM
Do cleaning cartridges really work? Kelly Printers 6 October 24th 03 04:34 PM
Do cleaning cartridges really work? Kelly Printers 0 October 24th 03 06:43 AM