what's with my ink setup?

Old November 16th 08, 11:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

Default what's with my ink setup?

On Nov 16, 8:57 am, TJ wrote:

Your ip4000 finally gives up on you, and you're in the market for a new
printer. You go to the dealer and see three printers available that
exceed your requirements, whatever they may be. One of them is a the
latest mid-level model, the second is last year's mid-level model, and
the third is last year's high-level model. The first and third are the
same price, the second is significantly lower. All carry the same warranty.

Which one are you going to buy?

Well Measekite harassed me for buying the ip3000. For some reason he
didn't find it to be an acceptable printer. I paid $45 for my ip3000
new with full warranty some 3-4 years back after the rebate. This was
roughly equal to the ink in the printer. He wouldn't accept that it
was a bargain. I "should" have spent more on an ip4000, which cost
about $80 at the time, or slightly more than the cost of ink. Granted
I did upgrade after a year to the ip5200, but the ip3000 was not an
empty investment. I printed a ton of CDs on it. I gave it away to a
friend but I could have easily sold it for what I paid for it, even
more since canon switched to chipped cartridges.

I went with the lowest price model because I wanted to test
aftermarket ink. Sure the ip4000 was a better printer, worth the
extra $35. I still would have wanted to upgrade to the ip5200 since I
tend to print images with 3point text.

But he still won't accept the fact that it was a bargain, even though
the printer was less than the cost of the ink it came with.