Epson printers are electronic theieves

Old October 21st 05, 01:21 PM
zakezuke

Default Epson printers are electronic theieves

He could have had a little respect though Art, he could have waited
til I went out the shop and then kicked 'holy hell' out of it, I
suspect he was showing his frustration with them as well as showing
me what he thought.

Why would they have respect for it? I would think it's part of their
contract. They get paid .5 to 1.5hrs of labor or some such to look at
printers and if they are beyond repair they smash them. This way there
is no chance of someone trying to pull a fast one... claiming a printer
is dead and fishing it out of the trash. I'd be more shocked if they
actually took the time to claim the parts if it was a case of head
failure.

Old November 6th 05, 05:46 PM
Larry Gold

that is disgusting
so cartridges you have ink in you cant use

--
Larry Gold
Arsenal For Life

"Dr. Dweeb" wrote in message
. dk...
Gentlemen,

I have reached the conclusion that the Epson corporation is both
incompetant and corrupt. Someone should sue their scrawny little asses.

I have an RX500 - a high end combi-device.

Today, the reading on my black ink cartridge hit zero, while the other 5
read between 23-28%
I replaced the black cartridge with a 3rd party product from Gold-Ink.

After installation the printer informed me that it was loading the ink.

I decided to print the test page.

Failure - and worse.

1: "The ink cartridge is different from Epson blah blah blah" message.
This will now appear EVERY time I try to print !!!!!!!!!!
2: The device reset all 5 other cartridges to 0%
3: The device has the black cartridge now pegged at 83%, despite not yet
having printed 1 character

Because the other 5 cartridges now MUST be replaced I still cannot print
and I am REALLY ****ed off. Check how much 6 cartridges (even of
alternative branbd) ink costs - this is an expensive exercise.

The audacity of these assholes to pull this sort of stunt amazes me. It
is both amoral and illegal. There is no technical reason for what has
happenned to me - it is just punishment for installing a non-Epson
cartridge - something I believe is my commercial right.

I mean, how much money do I have to spend on cartridges before I give up ?
Is an ERROR message at EVERY print job even marginally apprpriate ?

Where do I get my money back ??

Dr. Dweeb

Old November 6th 05, 06:21 PM
measekite

Dweeb" wrote in message
. dk...

Gentlemen,

I have reached the conclusion that the Epson corporation is both
incompetant and corrupt. Someone should sue their scrawny little asses.

I have an RX500 - a high end combi-device.

Today, the reading on my black ink cartridge hit zero, while the other 5
read between 23-28%
I replaced the black cartridge with a 3rd party product from Gold-Ink.

THAT IS THE FIRST MISTAKE

After installation the printer informed me that it was loading the ink.

I decided to print the test page.

Failure - and worse.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT EPSON INK CARTS

1: "The ink cartridge is different from Epson blah blah blah" message.
This will now appear EVERY time I try to print !!!!!!!!!!
2: The device reset all 5 other cartridges to 0%
3: The device has the black cartridge now pegged at 83%, despite not yet
having printed 1 character

Because the other 5 cartridges now MUST be replaced I still cannot print
and I am REALLY ****ed off.

IF YOU WENT OUT AND BOUGHT 1 EPSON CART THEN YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO PRINT

Check how much 6 cartridges (even of
alternative branbd) ink costs - this is an expensive exercise.

The audacity of these assholes to pull this sort of stunt amazes me. It
is both amoral and illegal. There is no technical reason for what has
happenned to me - it is just punishment for installing a non-Epson
cartridge - something I believe is my commercial right.

YOU WERE BAD BOY

Old November 7th 05, 02:07 AM
Richard Tomkins

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

http://www.misterinkjet.com/epson_re...structions.htm

http://www.inkjetrefills.com/epson/refillkits.shtml

There seems to be some software and also some chip resetters that you might
take a look at and see which one may work for you.

I myself have not tried any of these, I have an older Epson and Lexmark both
without this silly chip ****.

rtt

news

?

Old November 7th 05, 02:54 AM
Roy G

"Dr. Dweeb" wrote in message
[...]

Hi there.

It could be that the 3rd party Cartridge was faulty, and the printer could
not read the chip.

In any case, it is easy to get a hardware, or software, chip resetter, that
will enable you to continue using the Col Carts.

I agree that if Epson Sell you a printer, you are perfectly entitled to use
it with whatever ink and paper you choose, which is what you expected when
you bought it. If they have programmed it to do otherwise, they must be in
breach of contract.

However I would rather disagree with your claim that an RX500 is a top end
machine. It uses the same print engine as the R200 which is fairly
inexpensive.

Roy G

Old November 7th 05, 03:32 PM
Davy

Epson seems to be forcing people to buy their inks, originally the
chip was designed to stop the ink tanks running dry and now Epson
appears to have gone one step further in programming the printers CPU
not to allow other brands of ink to be used, or making it difficult at
the least.

It ought to be printerd nice and clearly on the box that this printer
will only accept Epson ink.

Please note 'ACCEPT', meaning that it will accept other brands AT THE
USER'S RISK.

This ought to be made law...no doubt if it was Epson would lose a lot
of printer sales.

Davy.

Old November 7th 05, 05:42 PM
measekite

Davy wrote:

Epson seems to be forcing people to buy their inks, originally the
chip was designed to stop the ink tanks running dry and now Epson
appears to have gone one step further in programming the printers CPU
not to allow other brands of ink to be used, or making it difficult at
the least.

It ought to be printerd nice and clearly on the box that this printer
will only accept Epson ink.

Please note 'ACCEPT', meaning that it will accept other brands AT THE
USER'S RISK.

ALL THE PRINTERS ACCEPT AFTERMARKET INKS AT THE USER'S RISK

Old November 7th 05, 05:46 PM
measekite

Roy G wrote:

"Larry Gold" wrote in message
news

that is disgusting
so cartridges you have ink in you cant use

--
Larry Gold
Arsenal For Life

"Dr. Dweeb" wrote in message
y.dk...

Gentlemen,

I have reached the conclusion that the Epson corporation is both
incompetant and corrupt. Someone should sue their scrawny little asses.

I have an RX500 - a high end combi-device.

Today, the reading on my black ink cartridge hit zero, while the other 5
read between 23-28%
I replaced the black cartridge with a 3rd party product from Gold-Ink.

After installation the printer informed me that it was loading the ink.

I decided to print the test page.

Failure - and worse.

1: "The ink cartridge is different from Epson blah blah blah" message.
This will now appear EVERY time I try to print !!!!!!!!!!

IT IS TELLING YOU THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE HIGH QUALITY EPSON OEM INK AND
MAY BE SUBJECTING THE PRINTER TO A HEAD CLOG.

IT IS BETTER TO BE ****ED OFF THAN ****ED ON

Check how much 6 cartridges (even of
alternative branbd) ink costs - this is an expensive exercise.

THAT IS CORRECT. ALL BRANDED INK IS OVERPRICED

The audacity of these assholes to pull this sort of stunt amazes me. It
is both amoral and illegal.

THEY ARE IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY NOT TO HELP YOU BUY GENERICE PRINTER
CLOGGING INK.

There is no technical reason for what has
happenned to me - it is just punishment for installing a non-Epson
cartridge - something I believe is my commercial right.

I mean, how much money do I have to spend on cartridges before I give up

DON'T USE AN INK JET. BUY A LASER

?

Old November 8th 05, 01:33 PM
Davy

quote="measekite
MAY BE SUBJECTING THE PRINTER TO A HEAD CLOG.

Would dat affect da brain sir.... in da medical circles a brain
haemorrhage issita not..........

Old November 14th 05, 03:43 PM

Default ALL printers are electronic thieves (Was just Epson)

Here is an option.

OctoTools is an easy to use document management tool suite that encompasses
Forms Design, Report Formatting, Electronic Distribution, Printing, and Text
to PDF conversion.
Advanced features include GUI based design environment, Built-in Post Script
and PCL printer output, Drag and Drop placement of all elements, Automatic
dynamic text and forms merge, Text boxes for dynamic and static text & Data
Design elements, objects, images & text boxes, User defined "green bar" type
striping, "Watched" directory support, Conditional based data formatting,
Dynamic switch of overlays based on data, Barcodes including 2D pdf417,
Email, URL, or whole file, Multiprocessor support, Variable opacity of
elements and backgrounds, and more.
visit us at www.jbmsystems.com

--
Mike

978-535-7676
OctoTools(tm) Squeezes More From Your Budget