Best online source for Canon inks in the USA?

Old July 29th 05, 06:05 PM
measekite

Frank wrote:

measekite wrote:

Nem Esis wrote:

measekite wrote in
news

ALMOST ALL AFTERMARKET INKS ARE INFERIOR AND THE ONES THAT MAY SHOW
PROMISE ARE HIDDEN SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY ARE OR WHO IS SELLING
THEM.

instead of wasting internet space, maybe if you'd get off your fat ass
(i can see you) and try some aftermarket ink instead of posting the
same
message for 7 months then maybe the rest of us would find which are the
good inks to use. you have a cheap Lexmark anyway, so what's the loss.
We have real printers. Nem Esis

YOUR POST TELL ME HOW STUPID YOU ARE. I DO NOT HAVE A LEXMARK
TRASH. IF THE WHORE WHO SELL AFTERMARKET CARTS AND INK DISCLOSE
PROPER INFORMATION I MAY OR MAYNOT HAVE TRIED THEM BUT I WOULD AT
LEAST BE MORE OPEN AND IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO DETERMINE
WHAT IS GOOD AND BAD.

Somebody please stuff a dirty rag in this morons mouth to shut his
ugly idiot face up!
Thanks.
Frank

Old July 29th 05, 09:28 PM
zakezuke

I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
KITCHEN FOR
ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
WHAT IS
CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.

Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.

But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.

Old July 30th 05, 12:31 AM
measekite

zakezuke wrote:

I ALSO HUNG A PORTRAIT (FRAMED BEHIND GLASS) IN A WELL LIGHT
KITCHEN FOR
ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND I SEE KNOW FADING. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND
WHAT IS
CAUSING YOUR PRINTS TO FADE.

Sunlight... bci-6 inks are not very light fast at all. To be fair I
setup a western window test.. direct sunlight no uv coating to see if
the results were any better on Canon paper. I have to say so far since
30jun2005 I've not noticed any *yet*. For contrast I also have the hp
psc 950 next to it also on canon paper.

But the Kirkland paper... or Epson paper... forget about it. Totally
washed out after a month... just south of the 49th no less.

I guess I do not have that problem. Canon ink and Kirkland paper work
for me.
Old August 1st 05, 08:07 PM
Dan G

I filled a set of empty tanks with the Formulab ink from Alotofthings.com
and purged the heads with several test pages.

Printed a set of duplicate photos on both O.D. and Canon paper and the
results look good, however the Formulab ink gives me a decidedly pink hue to
the color. The Canon ink produces a much closer color to what I see
on-screen.

"Dan G" wrote in message
I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink

and
printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used

for
photos here. The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior. Colors
are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
were also no different between the 2 inks.
I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.

"Dan G" wrote in message
I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
lot:

Quote:
Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really
Quote:
don't
know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those

inks
are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as

back-up.
We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that

one
is
out of stock on a particular item. .