Dell 21inch monitor

Old February 7th 04, 01:24 AM
Ray

Default Dell 21inch monitor

Just bought a new Dell 21 inch Trinitron monitor. For some reason Im
getting really bad ghost images on all my text and pics. I've tried playing
around with the display setttings and no such luck. Im running winxp, any
ideas what the problem is. My old monitor worked perfectly, and IM just
wondering if its some s/w setting im missing here or did I just end up with
a faulty monitor.

Old February 7th 04, 04:22 AM
Walter

"Ray" wrote in message
. ..
Just bought a new Dell 21 inch Trinitron monitor. For some reason Im
getting really bad ghost images on all my text and pics. I've tried

playing
around with the display setttings and no such luck. Im running winxp, any
ideas what the problem is. My old monitor worked perfectly, and IM just
wondering if its some s/w setting im missing here or did I just end up

with
a faulty monitor.

Check the connection, make sure there arent any bent or broken pins.

Old February 7th 04, 11:03 AM
Alien Zord

"Ray" wrote in message
. ..
Just bought a new Dell 21 inch Trinitron monitor. For some reason Im
getting really bad ghost images on all my text and pics. I've tried

playing
around with the display setttings and no such luck. Im running winxp, any
ideas what the problem is. My old monitor worked perfectly, and IM just
wondering if its some s/w setting im missing here or did I just end up

with
a faulty monitor.

In Display Properties / Appearance / Effects try disabling (unticking) edge
smoothing of screen fonts. I find that it makes display worse rather than
better on large monitors.

Alternatively it could be the monitor or your graphics card unable to drive
the monitor hard enough (output impedance too high, unable to absorb signal
reflections). I found Matrox cards the best at driving large monitors.

Old February 7th 04, 04:29 PM
Paul L

boot into bios and look at characters near corners of screen. If you can
see the red/blue pixels separated from the characters, the convergence is
out of adjustment

Old February 7th 04, 11:40 PM
DaveW

Sounds like another faulty Dell monitor.

--
DaveW

"Ray" wrote in message
. ..
Just bought a new Dell 21 inch Trinitron monitor. For some reason Im
getting really bad ghost images on all my text and pics. I've tried

playing
around with the display setttings and no such luck. Im running winxp, any
ideas what the problem is. My old monitor worked perfectly, and IM just
wondering if its some s/w setting im missing here or did I just end up

with
a faulty monitor.

REQ: Need Help with DELL D1226H 18" Monitor [email protected] General 3 January 22nd 04 11:31 AM
Problems with Dell P780 Trinitron monitor Luke General 0 January 15th 04 03:21 AM
Old Dell Laptop monitor The Walkers General 3 November 10th 03 11:13 PM
problem with monitor blacking out (when it's cold) Rob General 4 August 17th 03 09:16 PM
strange monitor phenomenon Vanguard General 0 July 26th 03 05:21 PM