does the GEForce 6800 have a 'remember size' feature?

Old August 14th 05, 03:53 PM
FireBrick

Default does the GEForce 6800 have a 'remember size' feature?

The Matrox dual monitor cards have a 'remember size and position' of windows
feature.

Does GEForce 6800 have a similar feature?

Please and thank you.

Old August 14th 05, 04:00 PM
Inglo

On 8/14/2005 7:53 AM FireBrick brightened our day with:

The Matrox dual monitor cards have a 'remember size and position' of windows
feature.

Does GEForce 6800 have a similar feature?

Please and thank you.

Why do you need that? That should happen without any user input.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Old August 14th 05, 08:20 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, FireBrick ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

The Matrox dual monitor cards have a 'remember size and position' of
windows feature.

Does GEForce 6800 have a similar feature?

Please and thank you.

how do you mean?

You can save profiles and restore them. Like after a driver update or
something that'd overwrite your settings. Restoring your resolutions and
monitor positions.
Old August 15th 05, 07:00 AM
Bushy

do you mean with two monitors connected, having itunes or outlook always
open in the second monitor, sort of like a status screen so that your main
desktop (monitor 1) is always clear from these things?

I have no answer to your question, but have contemplated it with my 6600gt.
it would be handy to send all the palettes and brushes and such in photoshop
to the second monitor, so that the main desktop is clear. I haven't tied it
in a while, but i recall it not remembering these positions last time i
tried.

Old August 21st 05, 01:00 PM
FireBrick

Should have made myself more clear.
The Matrox multimonitor cards have a software option that it will remember
the size and position of any PROGRAM window.
You open Email on monitor 2 in the upper left corner with a certain size and
it will always open there in that place and size till changed.

Very Convenient....
Can my NVIDIA card do something similar?