Crazy hardware upgrade?

Old October 6th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Crazy hardware upgrade?

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 10:21:19 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
brought the following to our attention:

wrote:

Buds in the flightsim forum say that the fx 5200 sux, that it was the
slowest damn thing.. but Benjamin was most helpful in spec'ing it out.

You know what's funny gabbey? What's really funny is that for the amount
of time and hand-wringing you put into your $12.52 video card, you could
have gotten a card that actually has measurable performance for what you
want to do with it.

Wait until the year 2012, when you try the 6600GT, boy those shaders are
really something you'll say.

Chuckle.. humor!! ) Umm.. yeah, but please be more specific. What
exactly are you referring to? the 6600? We're going to the PC show
aGain today and I'll be looking around for more stuff. Didn't we agree
in the previous thread that spending more on a better card was a
waste of money for this platform? I'm willing to check out another
nVidia card before retiring the whole 610 system for a NEW box.

-G

Old October 6th 07, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:02:25 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
brought the following to our attention:

wrote:
Finally went ahead and bought a new video card, a 128MB GeForce fx
5200 AGP http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/b9/b4/a495_1.JPG for $12.52
to replace the Viper 770. Might add more RAM with the intension of
running FS2004.

Did a lot of homework and group discussion before proceeding. Does any
of this make sense? or should it be nominated for the most foolhardy FS
stunt of year?

-G

I spent more than $12.52 on lunch today.

Don't forget the $7.99 for shipping.
So the total was $20.51.
Let's just say it cost 20-bucks.

-G

Crazy price for video Card upgrade Keith Dell Computers 10 March 23rd 07 10:39 PM
PC Upgrade...but which hardware? John Smith General 4 May 17th 06 01:41 AM
Upgrade hardware PII HDI Intel 10 April 13th 06 08:48 PM
hardware upgrade blork General Hardware 2 September 6th 04 08:41 PM
Hardware upgrade question… Chris General Hardware 8 August 23rd 04 07:30 PM