Online dealers?

Old September 13th 04, 06:27 AM
pa.gamer

Default Online dealers?

Can anyone recommend any good,reliable online dealers who sell built to
order systems at a reasonable price?Don't trust Dell,Compaq,HP,ect.,and
though I've installed a fair amount of various upgrades,building a whole
system from scratch gives me nightmares(assembling it is one thing,but the
programming,dealing with the inevitable Windows errors,conflicts,et all,just
don't have the patience.)I'm looking for a system for gaming and internet
use,mainly,I was thinking of an Athlon64 3400+.I considered a 3500+,so I'd
have the new 939 mb for future upgrades,but the price really jumps up with
those.

Old September 13th 04, 12:33 PM
Ken

pa.gamer wrote:
Can anyone recommend any good,reliable online dealers who sell built to
order systems at a reasonable price?Don't trust Dell,Compaq,HP,ect.,and
though I've installed a fair amount of various upgrades,building a whole
system from scratch gives me nightmares(assembling it is one thing,but the
programming,dealing with the inevitable Windows errors,conflicts,et all,just
don't have the patience.)I'm looking for a system for gaming and internet
use,mainly,I was thinking of an Athlon64 3400+.I considered a 3500+,so I'd
have the new 939 mb for future upgrades,but the price really jumps up with
those.

There is always danger in recommending a seller of assembled PCs, but I
do know of one person who purchased a system from http://pcusa.com/
and it was exactly as represented. The price was very competitive as
well. You might explore this supplier more.
Old September 13th 04, 12:41 PM
Bob Day

"pa.gamer" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good,reliable online dealers who sell built to
order systems at a reasonable price?Don't trust Dell,Compaq,HP,ect.,and
though I've installed a fair amount of various upgrades,building a whole
system from scratch gives me nightmares(assembling it is one thing,but the
programming,dealing with the inevitable Windows errors,conflicts,et all,just
don't have the patience.)I'm looking for a system for gaming and internet
use,mainly,I was thinking of an Athlon64 3400+.I considered a 3500+,so I'd
have the new 939 mb for future upgrades,but the price really jumps up with
those.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

Old September 13th 04, 08:51 PM
Mac Cool

pa.gamer:

Can anyone recommend any good,reliable online dealers who sell built
to order systems at a reasonable price?Don't trust
Dell,Compaq,HP,ect.

http://www.resellerratings.com/find.pl
http://www.alienware.com/
http://www.abspc.com/

Or just buy a barebones from mwave.com and have them test it, takes much
of the frustration out of building. Installing Windows is nothing.
--
Mac Cool
Old September 14th 04, 02:30 AM
Chuck

http://www.monarchcomputer.com

I bought two barebones systems from them and built two complete systems.
Great prices, great service.

Old September 14th 04, 03:34 PM
Noozer

"Chuck" wrote in message
http://www.monarchcomputer.com

I bought two barebones systems from them and built two complete systems.
Great prices, great service.

I spent a whole bunch of money there and they screwed up almost everything -
wrong parts, slow delivery, idiots on the phone, no replies to email to get
it fixed, defective parts...

Old September 22nd 04, 01:27 AM
Chuck

http://www.monarchcomputer.com

I bought two barebones systems from them and built two complete systems.
Great prices, great service.

I spent a whole bunch of money there and they screwed up almost
everything -
wrong parts, slow delivery, idiots on the phone, no replies to email to
get
it fixed, defective parts...

Sorry to hear that. I had two real good experiences with monarch, got
exactly what I wanted, quickly, and for a good price. Both machines are
still going strong.

I had a nightmare experience with bzboys.com, so I know how frustrating it
can be. I wish I had known about resellerratings.com prior to ordering from
them......... I know how horrible my experience was, I fought for 4 months
to get it corrected and ending up ordering from another company. If my
credit card company hadn't stepped in when they saw my correspondence
evidence with the clowns at bzboys, I might have gotten screwed. It was
unbelievable what I had to go through. Best of luck with future purchases.

Another OK deal - Compusa online is offering the Belkin router wireless AND a laptop wireless belkin card for $20 after rebate the "B" versions [email protected] General 0 April 26th 04 10:15 AM
Good Deals Online Jeroen General 3 December 7th 03 07:48 AM
Printer will not come online on LPT2 (PCIcard) Per Holm General 3 August 26th 03 09:43 PM
What are some online retailer evaluation sites? gotmail? General 0 July 22nd 03 08:39 AM