Clevo D900T problem with 100GB harddisks.

Old September 10th 05, 02:26 AM
Erwin R. Leijen

Default Clevo D900T problem with 100GB harddisks.

Good evening all,

A few days ago I upgraded my Clevo D900T notebook with some new
harddisks. The computer originally came with two 80GB Sata harddisks,
which can be configured as "normal" Sata drives (which gives you two
80GB drives) or as a Raid1 drive (which gives you one 160GB drive).

Since I installed the 100GB drives, Windows doesn't recognize them
anymore when using the "Sata-mode". It does work perfectly though in
"Raid1-mode". This is not really a bad thing, since Windows runs fine
and smoothly in this configuration.

However, I also wanted to try out Linux. Since it is not possible (with
the 2.6 kernel) to install Linux on the drive in "Raid1 mode", I need to
put the computer in "Sata mode". Linux does recognize the 100GB drives,
but like I said previously Windows XP doesn't recognize the drives (also
not when using the Promise Sata drivers which came with the notebook).

Does somebody know why Windows XP doesn't recognize the 100GB drives in
normal Sata mode, while it did recognize the 80GB drives perfectly?

Thanks,

Erwin
Old September 10th 05, 08:40 PM
Alceryes

"Erwin R. Leijen" wrote in message
[...]

Do you have access to a Raid configuration page? If so try deleting the
array...backing up all your data first, of course.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM