Upgrade to p4p800

Old November 8th 03, 03:07 AM
Name

Default Upgrade to p4p800

I did the exact same upgrade and was happy to see better Sandra benchmarks,
but in reality the upgrade could have waited. Too much time building,
installing, and toying around with BIOS optimizations. My P4PE was great
for all applications and games, and noticing a difference is hard. OTOH, I
did set up 2 WD Raptor 10K SATA drives in a RAID 0 array, and the difference
in r/w ops is noticable, despite what many will tell you. If you have lots
of money, spare time and a passion for rebuilding it *might* be worth it...

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hello,
I currently have a P4PE with 2.53Ghz P4 and 512 DDR333
Wondering if it's worth to upgrade to P4P800 2.8Ghz P4 and 512 DDR400

dual
channel memory.
Will i see a big difference with the 800 Mhz system bus if i upgrade ?
TIA
Arthur

Old November 8th 03, 03:22 AM
gawderho

I would love to do the Raptor upgrade on my P4P800 Dlx. I was wondering how
much a noticeable difference it makes running RAID 0 with the Raptors.

Can you elaborate alittle more on performance gains, please?

Thank You,..............gawderho

k.net...

Old November 8th 03, 06:00 PM
Name

Well, this gets subjective. Sandra b/m numbers will nearly double, but that
is what ppl will discount as irrelevant. I see the difference in boot
times, opening all apps and especially with game loads, and when moving big
files around on system. Some say they see no difference at all, but I do.

"gawderho" wrote in message
I would love to do the Raptor upgrade on my P4P800 Dlx. I was wondering

how
much a noticeable difference it makes running RAID 0 with the Raptors.

Can you elaborate alittle more on performance gains, please?

Thank You,..............gawderho

k.net...