3680 - eRecovery Backups: How to transfer to network drive

Old July 29th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Han

Default 3680 - eRecovery Backups: How to transfer to network drive

Hi:

Bought a nice and cheap Aspire 3680, but it has no DVD burner (maybe that
was stupid of me). It has this backup feature that dynamically (and
slowly) repartitions the hard drive to make room on the hidden backup
partition. This is threatening to take over the hard drive.

I need recommendations as to how to get a good image of the hard drive,
without destroying all of the hidden drive. With another machine,
installing Acronis TrueImage clobbered the factory reset partition, and I'd
like to keep that on this Aspire 3680.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

--
Best regards
Han

Old July 31st 07, 01:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Han

"doS" wrote in
:

put a dvd burner in it

That's too easy grin.

Besides, where would I buy a DVD burner to put into an Acer Aspire 3680
laptop if Acer isn't selling it? Can I just put anything in there that
would fit? What would that do to the warrantee?

Sorry for thye multitude of questions.

Han

Old July 31st 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Chris Syn

get an Optiarc (which is sony-nec) brand.
great little burner, no issues with acers.

"Han" wrote in message
"doS" wrote in
: