Video Card Ranking

Old October 11th 04, 02:43 PM
Chip

"Vinicio Ascone" wrote in message
Is there any kind of ranking for video cards?

http://tinyurl.com/6m37s

Old October 11th 04, 03:34 PM
Rusty

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-221&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-301&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-249&depa=1

"Vinicio Ascone" wrote in message
Is there any kind of ranking for video cards?

I mean, there are a lot of cards out there, but, which card goes first and
which cards goes last? Which card follows Ti4200?

I don't know very well if what I'm asking for really exist.

I've got a ti4200-8x (U$S70 a year ago) and I've got to return it to my
brother, so I don't want to spend more than U$S 100 on a video card.
Maybe I could buy the same card, or maybe for 30 bucks more I could get a
"better" one.

Any help will be appreciate.

Vinicio

Old October 11th 04, 07:22 PM
Vinicio Ascone

THATs what i'm looking for!!

Thanks

Old October 11th 04, 09:15 PM
Lachoneus

Is there any kind of ranking for video cards?

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...004/index.html
Old October 12th 04, 07:53 PM
Chingy

If you are buying ATI card you gotta make sure that you do a clean install
of your OS and complete backup of your data after that its easy as eating
hotcakes with coffee!!!

otherwise you need to run some nvidia drivers cleaning tools etc which don't
even remove some of the nvidia driver files at all and leaves system
unstable and thus clash with ATI driver files..

Old October 13th 04, 02:59 AM
@ndrew

Chingy wrote:

If you are buying ATI card you gotta make sure that you do a clean
install of your OS and complete backup of your data after that its
easy as eating hotcakes with coffee!!!

otherwise you need to run some nvidia drivers cleaning tools etc
which don't even remove some of the nvidia driver files at all and
leaves system unstable and thus clash with ATI driver files..

This advice is plain wrong discount it all .. Driver Cleaner 3
completely removes all Nvidia and ATI drivers.

regards

@ndrew
Old October 13th 04, 08:50 AM
Chip

"@ndrew" andrewratinternodedotondotnet wrote in message
Chingy wrote:

If you are buying ATI card you gotta make sure that you do a clean
install of your OS and complete backup of your data after that its
easy as eating hotcakes with coffee!!!

otherwise you need to run some nvidia drivers cleaning tools etc
which don't even remove some of the nvidia driver files at all and
leaves system unstable and thus clash with ATI driver files..

This advice is plain wrong discount it all .. Driver Cleaner 3
completely removes all Nvidia and ATI drivers.

Agreed. I was going to comment here too, but I got distracted. Why do
people keep saying "Fresh Install" all the time when all you have to do is
to clean out the old drivers *properly*??!??!

Chip

Old October 13th 04, 05:24 PM
Vinicio Ascone

I really don't know what to do, about Nvidia vs ATi.

It's really a huge difference between Ti4200 and FX5700 or 9600PRO?

What's the current video card to buy if I look for performance and price ?