Vista license ok for 3 pc's ?

Old April 25th 07, 12:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Default Vista license ok for 3 pc's ?

Since I haven't read the Vista licensing verbage, does anyone know if
I purchase Vista (perhaps Ultimate, not sure) is it legal to install
it to 3 pc's (I seem to recall Tom S. said it was but any confirmation
on this) ? Is this typical for any Vista pkg (Ultimate, business,
home) or what do I need to look for?
Old April 25th 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

RnR wrote in message ...
Since I haven't read the Vista licensing verbage, does anyone know if
I purchase Vista (perhaps Ultimate, not sure) is it legal to install
it to 3 pc's (I seem to recall Tom S. said it was but any confirmation
on this) ? Is this typical for any Vista pkg (Ultimate, business,
home) or what do I need to look for?

The "Vista Family Discount" can be found he
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

Enjoy the verbiage.

Stew

Old April 25th 07, 01:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Paul T

I think we've been down this rocky road a few times already this year... and
it always gets ugly .. Legally/ethically it is one Licensed copy per
computer unless you get the family discount which is only for the full
retail versions and for the upgraded versions..

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
.. .

Old April 25th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

No, you need a separate license for EVERY PC.

However, if you buy a RETAIL copy of Vista Ultimate, you can BUY two
Vista Home Premium licenses at $50 each, at your option (you can also
buy just one if you so choose):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

This is only good until June 30th.

There have been some "sales" on retail copies of Vista Ultimate ....
Circuit City had a $50 discount (rebate or instant rebate, I don't
remember) last week (expired now) and I saw a $20 discount somewhere
else. I'd love to see Best Buy offer a $50 rebate the same weekend that
they are offering their "Reward Zone" 12% off; it might be possible to
get Vista Ultimate for as little as $185 or so (and I have some Gift
Cards for Best Buy), and then get two copies of Vista Home Premium for
$50 each.

Old April 25th 07, 06:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Whomever

RnR wrote in message ...
Since I haven't read the Vista licensing verbage, does anyone know if
I purchase Vista (perhaps Ultimate, not sure) is it legal to install
it to 3 pc's (I seem to recall Tom S. said it was but any confirmation
on this) ? Is this typical for any Vista pkg (Ultimate, business,
home) or what do I need to look for?

Surely you jest. Read the Vista licensing verbage, not doing so is no
excuse.

Old April 25th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:11:33 -0400, "Whomever"
wrote:

RnR wrote in message ...
Since I haven't read the Vista licensing verbage, does anyone know if
I purchase Vista (perhaps Ultimate, not sure) is it legal to install
it to 3 pc's (I seem to recall Tom S. said it was but any confirmation
on this) ? Is this typical for any Vista pkg (Ultimate, business,
home) or what do I need to look for?

Surely you jest. Read the Vista licensing verbage, not doing so is no
excuse.

No jest and no excuses and that's why I ask. It looks like there is a
"family pack for 3 pc's" but I don't think it is what I want. Still
looking tho.
Old April 25th 07, 08:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

As Barry points out, IF you buy a full copy of Vista Ultimate, then you can
use the 'Family Discount to buy two copies of Vista Home Premimum for $50
each.

Don't confuse this with the Student and Teachers Edition Of Microsoft
Office, which does allow you to install that same copy of Office on up to
three PC's.

Old April 25th 07, 10:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:50:23 -0400, "HDRDTD"
wrote:

As Barry points out, IF you buy a full copy of Vista Ultimate, then you can
use the 'Family Discount to buy two copies of Vista Home Premimum for $50
each.

Don't confuse this with the Student and Teachers Edition Of Microsoft
Office, which does allow you to install that same copy of Office on up to
three PC's.

Yep, that's almost what I want but I was hoping to get 3 ultimates
instead. I'm still looking for now.

thanks.
Old April 26th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
***** charles

RnR wrote in message ...
Since I haven't read the Vista licensing verbage, does anyone know if
I purchase Vista (perhaps Ultimate, not sure) is it legal to install
it to 3 pc's (I seem to recall Tom S. said it was but any confirmation
on this) ? Is this typical for any Vista pkg (Ultimate, business,
home) or what do I need to look for?

OEM versions come in 1 pack, 3 pack and higher numbers packs. This
would be the only legal way to do what you are thinking. You would
have to go to a person/company that can legally sell OEM versions
and make your deal.

later.....

Old April 26th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

You can certainly buy packages of multiple licenses. But that's what
they are .... multiple licenses (multiple copies of Vista, if you will).
Any given license can only be used on a single machine.