AIW PVR -- am I missing something, or can't I skip forward in a recording?

Old October 29th 03, 11:13 AM
Mister Smith

Default AIW PVR -- am I missing something, or can't I skip forward in a recording?

I've "upgraded" to MMC 8.7 and am still having an issue I had with
8.1: namely, while I can use the "END" button to skip forward in a
recording, it seems to skip forward about half a second! "HOME" skips
backwards about 10 seconds, which is great. How can I skip forward 28
seconds at a time [the reason for which I leave as an exercise for the
reader ]?

I note there's a Registry key that would seem to have some bearing on
this, but so far my tinkering hasn't produced results that seem to
make a difference. (Note: I have not reproduced any of the other
values in this key; these are the default numbers.)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\MFPlay\Display]

"Forward Seek"=dword:0000000a
"Backward Seek"=dword:ffffffe2
"Forward Units"=dword:00000000
"Backward Units"=dword:00000000

I've tinkered a bit with "Forward Seek" but haven't been able to
locate any info so far on what "Forward Units" are ... seconds?
milliseconds? As to "Backward Seek" I'd suspect that the reason it's
such a large value is that it's using the properties of a register of
a certain byte-width to translate a large positive number into a small
"negative" number for offset purposes.

Any insight into this issue is welcome.