BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Old May 10th 07, 01:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

Default BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

Old May 11th 07, 10:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On May 10, 8:55 am, jp wrote:
Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

I don't know why Gateway doesn't host a users forum like Dell has.
When I had to deal with order status and troubleshooting issues with
Dell the last time around, the forum was most helpful instead of
having to make phone calls. My Gateway sales rep told me that the
order status page is broke and will always say processing until it
ships. You will never see the in production stage. But when it ships
Gateway is supposed to email you the tracking info so you can see when
it will be delivered. I'm hoping the order status website will do the
same. The automated order status phone number is just as bad as the
status webpage. I think it just reads you whatever is there. But once
you get shipper info and a tracking numbers, go to the shippers
website (UPS or FedEx) and keep checking for updates. It will show as
your packages move from place to place. When it gets close you can
figure when it should come to your door and take off that day to
receive it.

Old May 16th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

Delayed again.... now to 6/6. It'll be 1 1/2 months since I ordered.
They blamed it on issues related to moving production to Tenn.

Wow is their sales to order system busted.

I'll give it until 6/6, then I pull the plug on the order.

Old May 23rd 07, 02:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On May 16, 11:43 am, jp wrote:
Delayed again.... now to 6/6. It'll be 1 1/2 months since I ordered.
They blamed it on issues related to moving production to Tenn.

Wow is their sales to order system busted.

I'll give it until 6/6, then I pull the plug on the order.

I hope you get your order soon. I'm coming up on my estimated arrival
date in a few days. I haven't gotten any status that my order is
shipping yet. I'm hoping for an email with tracking numbers soon. I
wrote a second time to Gateway this past Friday for an update. I got
this prompt reply but unless a miracle happens I'm assuming I will
miss my estimated delivery date too since a shipment could take 3-5
days or even more.

Gateway's order status email response: "I apologize for any confusion
regarding the status of your order. Please note that although the Web
site states that your order is in the processing stage this does not
necessarily mean that your order is being delayed. The actual status
of your order is in the production stage. We base our estimated
arrival dates on the number of orders we have for a product and the
expected arrival date of the parts needed to fulfill those orders. We
receive items into stock every day, and we calculate this into our
estimated arrival dates. Therefore, although the site indicates that
we are awaiting parts, there is no reason to believe that we will be
unable to meet the original estimated arrival date. Your order is
expected to arrive on May 25, 2007."

Old May 25th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Just noticed my estimated arrival date changed from today 5/25/07 to
6/5/07. I'm waiting it out because if I canceled and ordered elsewhere
I would be waiting even longer to get my new PC another month from
now. When I called gateway yesterday they told me all orders placed in
April on certain systems are messed up due to the move from Mexico to
Tenessee. You'd figure they would be smart and just build them in
another USA plant duing this disruption??? I was planning on writing a
review of my new FX530 but if I do this delay will factor into it.

Old June 1st 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On May 29, 11:26 am, jp wrote:
6/5? you're still a day ahead of me!

Well, you could still beat me yet. I just got this Gateway reply from
my weekly email order status request and now getting actual specifics
as to their reason for the delays with my FX530XM:

"Looking up on my resources, it appears that we are having shortage on
7-bay BTX Tower
Case Tungsten. We have contacted our warehouses for availability."

Old June 2nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
kp

On Thu, 31 May 2007 19:43:02 -0700, Ikaros wrote:

On May 29, 11:26 am, jp wrote:
6/5? you're still a day ahead of me!

Well, you could still beat me yet. I just got this Gateway reply from
my weekly email order status request and now getting actual specifics
as to their reason for the delays with my FX530XM:

"Looking up on my resources, it appears that we are having shortage on
7-bay BTX Tower
Case Tungsten. We have contacted our warehouses for availability."

I ordered a FX530XM on 5/2, delivery 6/1. Just got an e-mail saying it
was now 7/5 delivery.

I cancelled the order.

kp
Old June 3rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 2, 3:33 pm, kp wrote:
I ordered a FX530XM on 5/2, delivery 6/1. Just got an e-mail saying it
was now 7/5 delivery.

I cancelled the order.

kp

I've never gotten any email from Gateway about delays, just a phone
call a week ago that my date changed from 5/25 to 6/5. One rep I spoke
to said I had no email associated with my order so I gave it to him!
I'm trying to hold out because if I order another brand I'll be
waiting another month for that one. Plus my alternate choice was a
Dell XPS 410 but with the same features and options as on my
customized $2300 FX530XM, I'd be paying around $400-$500 more! Thats
the main reason I went back to Gateway from Dell (as a old returning
customer) to get the most bang for the buck. Now though I'm paying for
it in time lost waiting. Its holding my up planning a summer family
vacation, and plus I bought stuff prepping for the new PC: A second
computer desk to put my Dell on, a new all-in-one printer, wireless
keyboard/mouse combo, headset, and wireless router to network them.
Also, I have to contend with hardware failures on my 5 year old Dell
by replacing the video card and keyboard. Ans so this is the most
expensive computer purchase I've ever made. And just my luck I've been
waiting 5 weeks now since ordering it on 4/27. I bet you they won't
even offer anything for their inventory troubles to me like take of
$99 to give me free shipping maybe? I doubt it.

Old June 3rd 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

My esitmated delivery date has been updated again. After ordering my
system on 4/27 it went from 5/25 to 6/5 and now to 6/25. Maybe I can
write to Dell to see if they would give me a competitive offer for a
similar XPS configuration and price to help me decide to ultimately
do. There is still a chance that my FX530 could arrive before the
latest estimated date. I don't know what to do because I got a good
sales discount savings to begin with. But potentially waiting 2 months
from order to delivery seems to be excessive and in my opinion pushing
it.