Change Codec's on a MCE machine?

Old July 21st 05, 06:19 PM
Bryan

Default Change Codec's on a MCE machine?

After complaining to Dell support twice, I finally got a replacement TV
tuner. Installed it and continued to have recording failed problems. So I
goggled for hours and found a post about a Codec causing a problem. Feeling
pretty stupid to ask this question, but from reading another post somewhere,
a person seems to have narrowed their problems recording on the WinMCE
machines to a Codec installed by Pinnacle. I once installed, and have since
removed the trial version, but using a Gspot program I see I have a Code
still in my system pointing to Pinnacle. In fact there are 3 different ones
that are "red":
Type Format Codec Vendor
Driver File
DSH (none) Nero Digital AVC Video Enc (blank) ** Codec not
registered
DSH Mpeg1 Ulead DVD Video Decoder 2 (blank) ** File Missing
C:\blah blah
DSH UYVY ATI Media Center Video Encoder (blank) ** File Missing
C:\blah blah

How do I 1)change the first 2, and 2) fix the 3rd as I have an ATI
ehomewonder tuner?

Thanks for any help!
Bryan

Old July 21st 05, 09:48 PM
Hamish

Bryan

I can tell you how to delete them, but can not comment if you should.

Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Hardware /Video Codec's /Properties

Select the codec to remove and remove it.

Good Luck

Hamish

m...