Problem with motherboard's buzz

Old June 1st 04, 08:22 AM
Dr Zero

Default Problem with motherboard's buzz

Hi,
I have a problem with the buzz of the motherboard.
Sometimes it begins to ring continuously when I turn on the computer.
The strange fact is that it stops ringing only if I put down the computer on
the ground, in horizontal position (it is a mini tower), then I turn on it
again.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much,
excuse me for my english, I am italian.

Old June 1st 04, 09:04 AM
*Vanguard*

Dr Zero said in :
Hi,
I have a problem with the buzz of the motherboard.
Sometimes it begins to ring continuously when I turn on the computer.
The strange fact is that it stops ringing only if I put down the
computer on the ground, in horizontal position (it is a mini tower),
then I turn on it again.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much,
excuse me for my english, I am italian.

Probably a worn fan.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

Old June 1st 04, 10:11 AM
kony

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:22:45 GMT, "Dr Zero"
wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem with the buzz of the motherboard.
Sometimes it begins to ring continuously when I turn on the computer.
The strange fact is that it stops ringing only if I put down the computer on
the ground, in horizontal position (it is a mini tower), then I turn on it
again.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much,
excuse me for my english, I am italian.

It could be a fan or possibly a part of the case that is vibrating. Set
the system back on the desk and while it's buzzing, see if (using your
hands) you can apply pressure to sides of the case and back the noise stop
or change.

If this has no effect then open the case, again pressing on areas of the
case and using something soft to stop the fan blades, to see if noise
stops. You could instead unplug the fans one at a time, and use a straw
or short piece of hose held to your ear to direct towards different areas
of the case, seeking the source of noise.

Most often the rattling of a case is either the front bay covers, the
whole bezel virbrating due to looseness against the metal framework behind
it, or the hard drive bay against the front wall of the case.

Somtimes (barely) bending metal helps. Other times some foam tape will
help. The front bezel may have additional screw mounting holes that
aren't being used yet. If it's a sleeve-bearing fan you may be able to
put a drop of heavy oil in the bearing.
Old June 4th 04, 06:06 AM
zd

wrote:

[...]

Yes,this works for me.Pressing on the side cover gets rid of all noises
generated by resonating (vibrating)
side panels. But fans can make strange noises too.
Good luck!
Old June 7th 04, 08:09 AM
Dr Zero

Hi,
thank you all for your help.

Flash card reader: write problem... KILOWATT General 7 June 1st 04 12:19 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM