FYI: 8KNXP rev 1 bios F10 report

Old April 15th 04, 10:57 AM
Tim

Default FYI: 8KNXP rev 1 bios F10 report

For those that are wondering about this bios...

I got board (sic) today and had a compelling reason (read excuse) to bung
this bios in and all appears OK so far.
My reason was to do with potential IO problems - that were not appearing but
being reported in a 6 GB database. It does look like the DB is corrupt...

So..

The relevant stuff:

Prior to upgrade:
Bios F6
using RAID 1 on ICH5R using 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA's.
In IAA (splash says version 3.5.0.?)
Under Device Info,
Storage Kit version = 3.0.0.2246
Driver Version = 3.5.0.2568
(This driver came from Intel I think as I had to do a recovery off an Asus
raid volume with later driver versions and could not read the disc without
it).

After upgrade:
Bios F10
(I installed the latest IAA from intel as well.....)
Storage Kit Version = 3.5.2.2847 (the intel site labels this as the 3.5.3
'kit')
Raid Option Rom version = 3.5.0.2568
Driver version = 3.5.0.2568

If only the read me files for the Intel stuff would detail file and program
versions!!!!

The new IAA integrated help documents now that Raid 0 and 1 conversions will
work online ( I still havn'e tried it although someone else reckoned it does
work), and there is a new option to disable the write cache.

I noticed that the ITE / Gigaraid controller reported a bios version of
v1.41.
I did not notice the SIL version sorry - if you need it post bck and let me
know as I have it disabled along with the ITE.

The bios does appear cleaner in that it now displays the presence of the
SATA drives connected to the ICH5R in the bios first screen.

Its only been in a few hours.... no crashes yet, so maybe it is stable
First time I have seen the flash program concerned - ugliest sod! But it has
the ability to insert / delete / list modules in the bios.

HTH someone
- Tim

Old April 16th 04, 11:13 PM
MTech

Where do you guys get this "F10" designation from? I only see letters to
define a bios?

Thanks

Don

Old April 17th 04, 12:05 AM
Stephen Sherman

Rev 1 of the board has numbers and Rev 2 has letters. The gigabyte site
lets you search for either bios set.

--

Stephen Sherman

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]