help can't decide

Old November 16th 03, 01:43 AM
johnnynumber05

Default help can't decide

Hi,
I am looking for a new graphics card and want to know some opinions on
nvidia cards, I'm not sure if I should get nvidia or ATI, I want the card
for gaming and am not against spending alot since it's gonna last me. please
be honest, no bashing please.

Old November 16th 03, 02:08 AM
Helion

"johnnynumber05" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking for a new graphics card and want to know some opinions on
nvidia cards, I'm not sure if I should get nvidia or ATI, I want the card
for gaming and am not against spending alot since it's gonna last me.

please
be honest, no bashing please.

The 9800 still seems to be king if money is no consideration. I personally
buy based on performance versus price where it gets a little trickier. The
ATI cards are better overall with DX9 except the 5700 Ultra ver the 9600XT.
nvidia king with OpenGl though. You will get several opinions on this, so
it comes down to best bang for the buck. I have recently seen 5900's for a
lower price than the 9600 Pro for example. Try a search at www.google.com
and type the card you are thinking of and the word review... check several
sites as some are biased towards nvidia and others towards ATI.

Old November 16th 03, 02:16 AM
johnnynumber05

thanks, I've been reading up on the 2 makers and most reviews say the 9800
xt is the best for your money, but on the news groups people are saying the
boards are overheating and causing alot of problems(with out the
overcolocking). I was all set to buy it today but had second thoughts and
decided to look around on the web to get some more insight as to which card
is truely better.
.com...

lower price than the 9600 Pro for example. Try a search at www.google.com

Old November 16th 03, 06:22 AM
Derek Baker

"johnnynumber05" wrote in message
thanks, I've been reading up on the 2 makers and most reviews say the 9800
xt is the best for your money, but on the news groups people are saying

the
boards are overheating and causing alot of problems(with out the
overcolocking). I was all set to buy it today but had second thoughts and
decided to look around on the web to get some more insight as to which

card
is truely better.

Have you looked on the Rage3D forums:

http://www.rage3d.com/

If people with Radeons are having problems that's where you'll find them.

--
Derek