Problem with 9000Pro

Old January 23rd 04, 02:51 AM
stevest

Default Problem with 9000Pro

Anyone have the problem where your cards core frequency is correct but the
memory clock is half speed?
Suppose to be 550Mhz but it's running at 275MHz. I change a motherboard
around that time I noticed a 3dmark2001 decrease of 2000 points.
I just thought it was thedifferent type of motherboard until recently used a
utility to check the clock speeds, hence my problem.
No replies from ATi.

Old January 23rd 04, 07:37 PM
Sleepy

its correctly read as 275 - remember its ddr memory
so you double it to 550. (no wonder ATI didnt reply)

Old January 24th 04, 03:41 AM
stevest

I guess I'm confused, doesn't take much.Thanx for clearing my head.
So in rivatuner the memory clock it says 275MHz, and in the graphic
subsystem diagnostic report it says
275MHz (550MHz effective) meaning the 2 combined , instead of effective
meaning to be effective should be set at 550MHz?

Okay it still puzzles me why I dropped 2000points in 3dmark2001, going from
a abit be6 II 1.2 mb to a soyo 7vba133u mb.with everything else the same.

I possibly assumed that maybe the benchmark wasn't optimized for the via
chipset.but I know so little about such things.

Old January 24th 04, 10:39 AM
Sleepy

this article explains ddr a bit
http://www.white-chocolate.com.au/Ma...rexplained.htm
but the thing is ddr isnt twice as fast as sdr -
most ppl reckon its only 10% or so quicker in normal
usage. the fact that you dropped 2000 pts isnt right however
and points to poor drivers or drivers not installed at all.
if you swapped motherboards did you do a fresh install of windows ?
you can swap other hardware easily enough but swapping a mobo is
a bigger change to your system and often needs a new install of windows to
get everything sweet again. if its a via chipset board get the latest via
drivers
from viaarena

Old January 24th 04, 10:44 AM
Sleepy

dropping 2000 points isnt right - thats either drivers not installed or
installed wrongly.
swapping motherboards often requires a fresh install of windows to get your
PC running well.
my advice is backup your data - format the c drive and do a fresh install.
get the latest via 4-in-1
drivers from www.viaarena.com for your mobo rather than windows built-in
drivers.
use the catalyst 3.7s for the 9000pro.
good luck
Ben

Old January 31st 04, 05:53 PM
Asestar

DDR = double data rate. So 250MHz DDR = 500MHz (effective). As for 200 point
drop, make sure you are using same bios settings. Ex. is Agp 4x enabled? Ram
clock and latency can play a factor.

"stevest" wrote in message
Anyone have the problem where your cards core frequency is correct but

the
memory clock is half speed?
Suppose to be 550Mhz but it's running at 275MHz. I change a

motherboard
around that time I noticed a 3dmark2001 decrease of 2000 points.
I just thought it was thedifferent type of motherboard until recently

used
utility to check the clock speeds, hence my problem.
No replies from ATi.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM