is this card a radeon 9600 or 9600 pro

Old December 14th 03, 04:59 PM
Bill

Default is this card a radeon 9600 or 9600 pro

I purchaced a computer and think they gave me the wrong card. I ordered the
9600 pro. If any one with a 9600 pro can check their display properties or
if someone knows what this card is please let me know.

Under adapter type in advanced display properties it says:
chip type: Radeon 9600 series agp {0x4150}
Dac type: Internal dac {400Mhz}
memeroy size: 128 Mb
Adapter string: Radeon 9600 series
bios info: bk-ati ver008.015.028.000

Below i listed all numbers I can find on the card stickers:
R96-C3G
4710810933622
S/N H0310213178
CN-0R9600-240CP-3AT-0107 A00

Below is from the problem report:
Graphics Card Manufacturer = ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Chipset (ASIC) = RADEON 9600 SERIES
Device ID = 4170
Vendor ID = 1002
Subsystem ID = 2067
Subsystem Vendor ID = 1002
BIOS P/N = 000-00000-000
BIOS Version = 0.2063
BIOS Date = 2003/08/23
Memory Size = 128 MB
Memory Type = DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

I would think that somewhere on the card or in properties it would say 9600
pro but it does not.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Old December 14th 03, 06:21 PM
Kev

What is the 102 # on the back if the card?
Old December 14th 03, 06:36 PM
Inglo

On 12/14/2003 8:59 AM Bill befouled our nation with:

I purchaced a computer and think they gave me the wrong card. I ordered the
9600 pro. If any one with a 9600 pro can check their display properties or
if someone knows what this card is please let me know.

Below is from the problem report:
Graphics Card Manufacturer = ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Chipset (ASIC) = RADEON 9600 SERIES
Device ID = 4170
Vendor ID = 1002
Subsystem ID = 2067
Subsystem Vendor ID = 1002
BIOS P/N = 000-00000-000
BIOS Version = 0.2063
BIOS Date = 2003/08/23
Memory Size = 128 MB
Memory Type = DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

I would think that somewhere on the card or in properties it would say 9600
pro but it does not.

Thanks for any help you can give me

It just doesn't say Pro, don't sweat it.
Get Aida32http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php, check DisplayGPU, if
you're not at 400(398) MHz GPU Clock and Memory BusReal Clock isn't at
300 (297) MHz, then you have a problem.

--
pining for the fjords,

Steve [Inglo]
Old December 14th 03, 07:31 PM
Bill

I don't have a 102 #

I got aida32
GPU Clock 398 MHz
Real Clock 202 MHz (DDR)
guess I have a problem?

at ati's site
http://mirror.ati.com/products/radeo...o/compare.html
none of the cards match these #'s
for the pro mem is listed as 600 and Engine Clock at 400
non pro mem 400 Engine Clock 325

here's the rest
Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350)
GPU Code Name RV350
PCI Device 1002 / 4150
Transistors 76 million
Process Technology 0.13u
Bus Type AGP
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 398 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 4 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 1592 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 1592 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 202 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 404 MHz
Bandwidth 6464 MB/s

Old December 14th 03, 09:37 PM
Phoenix AG

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:31:35 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for providing all that info. It helps.
Btw, is that card a Gigacube, by any chance?
They seem to be setting their own clocks and have their own way of
naming stuff.

Your card is effectively a 400/400 as Core/Memory is 400. Ideally, a
Pro should be a 400/600. Non Pros are 325/400, though I am not sure.
NPs could come in 400/400 variants also.
I have a Gigacube and its 400/500 (250). I bought a pro from them.

It says the same thing "Radeon 9600 Series".
If you confirm its a Gigacube, then I can give you a link to a site
which explains matters better. I am not giving it right now cos I
don't have it. I'll have to search for it...

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...
Old December 15th 03, 12:18 AM
Bill

I found the mfg. it is a pro but a cheap ver of it "memory speed"
if anyone is interested here's a link to it
http://www.power-color.com/r96-c3g.htm
thanks for the replys

Old December 15th 03, 11:47 AM
Dark Avenger

wrote:

[...]

It's Pro/Lite!

Its a PRO chipset with slower memory thus called Pro Lite!

And yes, they don't say such on the box but it's not a real Pro, ya
know, those cardmakers just wish to make the cards cheaper by putting
slower memory on it! Pro Lites also overclock like a dog!

But... if you payed less then an "Built By Ati" card then you atleast
have a cheap 9600 Pro Lite :-)
Old December 16th 03, 12:28 AM
Bill

I called the co. that I got it from and they are gonna send me the real deal
but it burns me that they tried to pass this off as the pro. Buyer beware

Old December 16th 03, 09:55 AM
BGrieb

Your card is a Pro. The 400 GPU clock speed is the key. As for the 300
RAM, that's one of those little tricks that they play. Since it's DDR,
the effective rate is 600 (300 x 2). My Connect3D 9600 Pro does the
exact same thing and I think a lot of the other 9600 Pros do as well.

BG