Problems with AIW 9000Pro in multimedia.

Old November 3rd 03, 10:58 PM
Mariusz Kuszewski

Default Problems with AIW 9000Pro in multimedia.

Hi!
I don't play games. I've bought All-In-Wonder 9000Pro for multimedia (Full
Streem): DVD, TV, digital videorecording (Time Shift!). TV and normal
recording working OK without any problem (TV without stero sound...). But:
1)Ati DVD Player from original CD (Catalyst 2.4 and MMCenter 7.9) hang on in
first launch after install. It was so regular under all Windows (see spec
below) that I don't try download from ATI Web newer version DVD Player. I've
used PowerDVD 4.0 with any problem.
2)I don't have stereo sound from TVtuner. Many TV stations in my cabelTV
have it - I can hear it OK on TVset. MMC help is written: "stereo only in
North America". What is going on? I don't need stero, but I've paid for it.
3)I'cant use TV-on-demand, it's work bed or worse: lose sound then freez and
hang up after a few sec.-min. or I get strips stucture (about 40 vertical
strips shifted each other) on screen (further freeze and OS hangs on). The
best results I've reach is 5-6min. recording (I haven't tryed more), but
after shifting I've got again strip structure and after export to mpg file I
can't open it with ATI (or Win) FilePlayer (RMenager Error:Couldn't open
file '*.mpg').

0)I've set BIOS settigs (If anybody want - see below).
1)I've installed Win2000 or XP on partition F (see below).
2)Next chipset drivers packet 4in1(see below).
4)Next proper DirectX and Windows Media Encoder (see below).
5)Next Catalyst (WDM, display drivers and Ctrl panel) and proper MMC (see
below).

All tests in Ati MMC Config are OK (or not in Cat3.6-8: "MMX not supported",
"Display driver:not wersion 7.85 or more recent"(while I've installed 7.91
or higher), on TV card: "No default" insted of "ATI All-In-Wonder" and "ATI
Rage Theater Video Capture (unsupported)". I've carefuly read advices on ATI
WWW. I've tried diffrent version DirectX (oh,God-v9.0b too) and VIA 4in1 and
BIOS config-but dosn't matter.
I will try get out ISA LPT card and change HD on old Seagate ST52520A 2,5GB
with one partition.
Can anybody help me?
-- ---------------------------
Greetings
------------------------------
Mariusz Kuszewski
kusz[cut

MY SPEC:
Duron750
SDRAM 128MB No Name
Abit KT7A v1.0 (chipset VIA KT133A), newest BIOS vA9
HIS AIW 9000Pro
Mon:MAG DX15F
Fujitsu MPG3409AT (40GB, 5400rpm, 2MB buffer)
combo RW/DVD: GCC-4120B
Diamond Monster Sound MX-300
Realtec RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet NIC

chipset driver: 4in1v4.40 (also v4.49)
Win98 (partition C, FAT 32 LBA), Win2000 (without SP, (partition F, FAT 32
LBA) or XP (also +SP1, partition F, FAT 32 LBA or NTFS)
DirectX 8.1 & Win Media Encoder 7.0 or DirectX 9.0 (no longer "b"...) & Win
Media Encoder 9.0
Catalist 2.4 + MMC 7.9 or 3.2+8.1 or 3.6+8.5 or 3.7+8.6 or 3.8+8.7

HD PARTITIONS:
hda1 (4GB)-Working Win98SE, C:
hda2 (2GB) -Linux RH7.0
hda3 (2GB)-Experimental Win2k or XP, F:
hda5 (~16GB)-Data, D:
hda6 (~16GB)-Data, E:
hda7 (128MB)-Linux swap

BIOS SETTINGS:
SoftMenuIII:
Fast CPU Command Decode: Normal-Fast
CPU Drive Strength: 2
DRAM Clock: HCLK + PCICLK
Enhance Chip Performance: Disabled-Enabled
Force 4-way Interleave: Enabled
Enable DRAM 4K-page ode: Enabled

Standard CMOS Features:
IDE Primary Master: Auto (Fujitsu)
IDE Primary Slave: None
IDE Secondary Master: Auto (combo LG)
IDE Secondary Slave: None

Advanced BIOS Features:
Virus Warning: Disabled
CPU Level 1 Cache: (hidden) Enabled
CPU Level 2 Cache: (hidden) Enabled
CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking: (hidden) Enabled
Quick Power On Self Test: Enabled
Video BIOS Shadow: Disabled
Shadowing address ranges: All Disabled

Advanced Chipset Features:
Bank 01, 2/3, 4/5 DRAM Timing: 8/10
DRAM Bank Interleave: 4-way
Delay DRAM Read Latch: Auto
SDRAM Cycle Length: 3
Memory Hole: Disabled
PCI Master Pipeline Req: Enabled
P2C/C2P Concurrency: Disabled-Enabled
Fast R-W Turn Around: Enabled
System BIOS Cacheabled: Disabled
Video RAM Cacheable: Disabled
AGP Aperature Size: 64M
AGP-4X Mode: Enabled
AGP Driving Control: Auto
AGP Driving Value: DA
Fast Write Supported: Not-Supported
CPU to PCI Write Buffer: Enabled
PCI Dynamic Bursting: Enabled
PCI Master 0 WS Write: Enabled
PCI Delay Transaction: Enabled
PCI#2 Access #1 Retry: Disabled-Enabled
Delay Transaction: Enabled
PCI Master Read Cacheing: Disabled-Enabled
AGP Master 1 WS Write: Disabled
AGP Master 1 WS Read: Disabled
PCI Master Bus Time-out: 0

Integrated Peripherals:
IDE Prefetch Mode: Enabled
Init Display First: AGP
USB Controller: Enabled
IDE HDD Block Mode: Enabled

Power Management Setup:
ACPI: (hidden) Enabled
Power Management: User Define
HDD Power Down: Disable
Doze Mode: Disable
Suspend Mode: Disable
ACPI Suspend Type: S1 (POS)
PM Control by APM: Yes
Video Off Option: All Off
Video Off Method: V/H+blanc
Modem Use IRQ: N/A
Soft-Off by PWRBTN: Instant-Off
State After Power Failu Off

PnP/PCI Configurations:
PNP OS Installed: No
Reset Configuration Data: Disabled
Resources Controlled By: Manual (ISA LPT on irq7&dma3)
PCI/VGA Pallette Snoop: Disabled
Assign IRQ For VGA: Enabled
Assign IRQ For USB: Enabled
INT Pin 1 Assignment - INT Pin 4 Assignment: Auto all 4