Nvidia Driver 3.13 and a7n8xd

Old December 13th 03, 07:29 PM
John D

Default Nvidia Driver 3.13 and a7n8xd

How can I install the nvidia unified drivers without the display
driver as I want to keep the asus 56.16 driver version?

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
Installer 3.77

Old December 13th 03, 07:36 PM
Ben Pope

John D wrote:
How can I install the nvidia unified drivers without the display
driver as I want to keep the asus 56.16 driver version?

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
Installer 3.77

Personally I'd just iunstall the package normally then reinstall the 56.16
video driver IF the one in the package installs over the top of the newer
version.

The other option (not really recommended unless you know what you're doing)
is to update the drivers manually, by extracting them from the archive. If
you do want to go this route, be sure to show hidden devices in device
manager as not all of the devices that need updating are visible otherwise
(one of the audio devices comes to mind).

Ben

Old December 16th 03, 12:24 AM
John D

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:46:18 -0600, Ed wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:29:09 +0000, John D wrote:

How can I install the nvidia unified drivers without the display
driver as I want to keep the asus 56.16 driver version?

Audio driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Audio utilities 3.66
Ethernet driver 3.63 (WHQL)
GART driver 3.34 (WHQL)
Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
SMBus driver 3.38 (WHQL)
IDE In-the-box driver 3.58 (WHQL)
IDE 2.0 NVIDIA driver 3.66 (WHQL)
Display driver 52.16 (WHQL)
Installer 3.77

Why not just extract the driver package to a temp folder then delete the
video driver sub-folder?

I deleted the video and audio sub-folders when I installed the 3.13s as
I didn't need them, all is well.

Cheers,
Ed

Thanks for both the above ... I did a 'blended version in the end ...
installed the package and then reinstall the asus driver - however I
had to 'force' install the audio drivers manually as I had updated the
original asus site versions via windows update and the installer would
not recognise the 3.13 drivers as newer for some reason. Anyway all
drivers in and working now.

Old December 16th 03, 01:26 AM
Ben Pope

John D wrote:
Thanks for both the above ... I did a 'blended version in the end ...
installed the package and then reinstall the asus driver - however I
had to 'force' install the audio drivers manually as I had updated the
original asus site versions via windows update and the installer would
not recognise the 3.13 drivers as newer for some reason. Anyway all
drivers in and working now.

AFAIK the drivers on Windows Update are the same as those in the 3.13 but
the ones on WU are just dated about a week later.

I have the 3.13s installed (Audio driver 3.66) and there is an update to
3.66 on WU.

It seems that updating just the drivers from WU can cause you problems as
the Control Panel needs to be the same version (or later), So I just leave
them sitting there on WU, altough it should make no difference either way.

Ben

Old December 17th 03, 01:48 AM
John D

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:26:29 -0000, "Ben Pope"
wrote:

John D wrote:
[...]

Yes the WU drivers have reappeared as listed to install now that I
have installed the nvidia 3.13 (ver is 6.14.366.0 per my CPanel). The
WU drivers which I have replaced were not reporting driver 6.14.366.0
however. Never mind. Cheers J