Epson Stylus Photo 825 printers and Generic cartriges

Old July 9th 03, 07:22 AM
Tony Bragg

Default Epson Stylus Photo 825 printers and Generic cartriges

It seems the Epson has great photo quality printers. I am considering
buying a new printer and cartridge costs is something I am looking at. I
noticed several auctions on Ebay showing replacement cartridges for this 825
printer at ridiculously low prices. I know they are generic, but they all
say brand new and guaranteed satisfaction. I would like to hear from anyone
regarding their experience with generic cartridges for the Epson printers.
Is it worth it to save money or should you stick with OEM stuff?

Thanks,

Tony

---

Old July 9th 03, 07:51 AM
xNokia_3390x

"Tony Bragg" wrote in message
say brand new and guaranteed satisfaction.

They'll refund the money you paid for the cartridges, but they won't refund
the money you paid for your printer if it clogs the printer heads. Be VERY
careful when selecting generic ink, especially for Epson printers.

Old July 9th 03, 09:14 AM
Tiscali

Some cartridges such as the JetTec unconditionally guarantee the results and
any supposed after effects. So just buy the best and save 50% at least , as
below:
Tony
--
Inkylink JetTec UK Quality - Wot others wanna-be
Epson 950 C70/80/82 Lighfast pigmented inks. Canon

Old July 9th 03, 08:16 PM
will

Tony Bragg

I had a very bad experience using JetTec ink with my new Epson 830 Photo
printer. I suggest you do a Google search on this newsgroup and read others
think of JetTec inks. Having been 'bitten' by using JetTec 'generic'
catridges, I'd urge you to do plenty of research and be very careful before
you select your supplier. Remember, even if a 'generic' catridge maker
'guarantees' their ink, or 'guarantees' they'll repair your printer if it
clogs - do you really need that hassle, expense and frustration !

Regards
will

Old July 9th 03, 10:31 PM
xNokia_3390x

"will" wrote in message
I had a very bad experience using JetTec ink with my new Epson 830 Photo
printer. I suggest you do a Google search on this newsgroup and read

others
think of JetTec inks. Having been 'bitten' by using JetTec 'generic'
catridges, I'd urge you to do plenty of research and be very careful

before
you select your supplier. Remember, even if a 'generic' catridge maker
'guarantees' their ink, or 'guarantees' they'll repair your printer if it
clogs - do you really need that hassle, expense and frustration !

He's the one that sells the ink, so of course he only has positive things to
say ...it's interesting how he appears to be talking about something he
just happened to try -- not "my ink is guaranteed" or "my ink is one of the
better ones"

Old July 10th 03, 02:03 AM
J. M. S.

I have used their cartridges with out any problems for almost 2,
years. We have a 1270 & 1280.

JM

Old July 10th 03, 04:39 AM
J. M. S.

As to clogging. 99% of the time it is air. Most people try and get
the last drop of ink out of the cartridges.
As to color - We use Epson Paper only and it print outs are equal to
Epson cartridges.

No matter what ink you use, to get the best print you MUST use color
correction even with epson cartridges.

We use Jet Tec cartridges only in our printers.

JM

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:05:01 GMT, "Tony Bragg"
wrote:

Well I have found some more info in addition to these replies (by the way
thanks for all the unbiased replies). The two issues I seem to hear the
most is 1. clogging print heads and 2. slight color differences depending on
the "generic brand" used. My thought is if you want the best possible
prints for photos, use OEM. As for the clogging, I'll bet if you use the
printer regularly, it probably won't be a problem. If the ink sets in the
print head to long or you try to use the cartridge till the very last drop
and end up getting air in the reservoir, that is probably where the clogging
happens.

Thanks,

Tony

Old July 11th 03, 02:50 PM
Tiscali

It is now way over a year ago when I swapped images and print proofs with a
user in the USA and another in Canada. We were able to exactly duplicate the
Epson colours and tones and saturation using JetTec ink and paper on the
895. I think I remember choosing vivid to compensate - can't remember. The
devil is nearly always in the micro bubbles however they get in .
Tony