Geforce 6800 drivers

Old December 12th 04, 07:45 PM
Glitch

Default Geforce 6800 drivers

Rodger wrote:
Hi all, we've just built a superb 4 system. It has in it a MSI Geforce 6800
GT PCI-X card.

The drivers on the MSI website are considerably older (October 04) than
those on the nvidia website.

Is it OK to put the nvidiia drivers on, rather than the MSI ?

Yes it is OK,nVidia drivers will work for any GeForce cards.
But if you want something even better try the Omega's nVidia drivers at
www.omegadrivers.net
He should get the new drivers up and available for download in the next
week or two.
Those are modified nVidia drivers that work sligtly better than the
original.

btw.you mind posting your new system specs?
Old December 12th 04, 08:59 PM
Rodger

On 12-Dec-2004, Glitch wrote:

Yes it is OK,nVidia drivers will work for any GeForce cards.
But if you want something even better try the Omega's nVidia drivers at
www.omegadrivers.net
He should get the new drivers up and available for download in the next
week or two.
Those are modified nVidia drivers that work sligtly better than the
original.

btw.you mind posting your new system specs?

Certainly. Abit AA8 duramax board. P4 3.2 HT retail chip. 1 gig Corsair DDR2
(1 stick), Tagan 480w PSU, MSI geforce 256MB 6800GT PCI-x. WD raptor 10,000
sata (+some IDE) Thermaltake case. I also put a hard drive fan cooler on
each HD. Sound is a Terratec card, but I suspect the on-board is just as
good. We re-used a 19" IIyama monitor, MS keyboard and logitech trackerball.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Rodger
Old December 13th 04, 09:18 AM
Glitch

Rodger wrote:

Certainly. Abit AA8 duramax board. P4 3.2 HT retail chip. 1 gig Corsair DDR2
(1 stick), Tagan 480w PSU, MSI geforce 256MB 6800GT PCI-x. WD raptor 10,000
sata (+some IDE) Thermaltake case. I also put a hard drive fan cooler on
each HD. Sound is a Terratec card, but I suspect the on-board is just as
good. We re-used a 19" IIyama monitor, MS keyboard and logitech trackerball.

A true beast. ;-)
I'm using a P4 2.8,1GB DDR400 and a Radeon 9700PRO.I think I'll still
hold on to this for another year or so.
Old December 13th 04, 10:30 AM
John Smithe

"Rodger" wrote in
:

On 12-Dec-2004, Glitch wrote:

btw.you mind posting your new system specs?

Certainly. Abit AA8 duramax board. P4 3.2 HT retail chip. 1 gig Corsair
DDR2 (1 stick),

Just curious about why you chose one stick of ram instead of two. Can you
explain? Did you intentionally opt for single channel operation or maybe
your saving for another stick or ram so you cn run dual channel?

P.S. Your system sounds awesome!