BEST CHOICE for ABIT BH6 -GeForce3 or Geforce4 ?

Old January 14th 04, 10:49 PM
John F

Default BEST CHOICE for ABIT BH6 -GeForce3 or Geforce4 ?

Which card is the best performance per dollar for my Abit BH6 v1.0 ? I
believe it has AGP1x/2x at 3.3volts and I'm running a P3 processor at
~1.5Ghz. I've learned from you guys that the card has to be able to do AGP
2x to match my
motherboard. This has to be a *budget* upgrade -I don't want to spend cause
in a year or so I'm gonna have to upgrade the whole thing -motherboard &
video card, and then I'll spend.
Choices a
GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb ~$60 on Ebay
GeForce3 ~$50 on Ebay
GeForce3 Ti200 ~$40 on Ebay (THis might be the best peformance/dollar?)
GeForce FX 5200 128Mb $55 on Pricewatch
(More?)
-AND of your choice, if you know, which brand goes down to 2x AGP? -Thanks

Old January 15th 04, 03:12 AM
PRIVATE1964

I'd go with the 4200
Old January 15th 04, 03:21 AM
DaveL

I have an Abit ZM6 (very similar to the bh6) with a 1 gig Celeron. I have
found that it is a good match with a GF3. But you have a 1.5 gig P3. I
think you would get better results with the GF4 ti4200. BTW, what are you
running to get 1.5 gig? Slotket? I love that generation of Abit boards.

Dave

Old January 15th 04, 05:18 AM
John F

Yes I'm using a slotket. And actually it's a Tualatin Celeron P3 at 1.3Ghz
which I'm overclocking at 1.456Ghz. Unlike the normal Celeron's with 128MB
cache, The Tualatin has 256MB cache giving it exact specs of the P3's,
except for the Tualatin's smaller (better) core of .13 instead of
Coppermine's .18

Old January 15th 04, 02:22 PM
BelaLvgosi

In a tb1333 from gf3ti200 (running at 175/500, since mems were 4ns) to a
4200 8x (standard 250/513) 6000 to 8000 3dmarks (2001se), but in actual
gameplay, I'm stuck with the same detail settings, it's not enough to raise
them (true reflections and full shadows), but frame rate is more constant
and better in dense zones. For the price difference, I think it's worth it.

&

Old January 15th 04, 09:15 PM
John F

yes

"DaveL" wrote in message
Is that a Slot-T slotket?

Dave

Old January 17th 04, 12:43 AM
... et al.

NuT CrAcKeR wrote nothing besides:

KB... Not MB

kB ... Not KB

[ or put differently, why is it that most people use just this (binary)
prefix with a different case to the normal use of decimal prefixes as
used throughout science as per the SI Unit Prefixes endorsed by the
International System of Units ? ]

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.