I need a new card.

Old July 25th 03, 06:09 PM
Stephan

Default I need a new card.

Btw:
RAM: 256 SDRAM (do I need to buy also a SDRAM videocard?)

"Stephan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello everybody!

I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?

My system:

T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
OS: Windows Me,
Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
CPU: 886 Mhz,
256 RAM (clock 100).
My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).

I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my

system.
Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
name (and company) of it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Stephan

Old July 25th 03, 06:16 PM
HamMan

"Stephan" wrote in message
Btw:
RAM: 256 SDRAM (do I need to buy also a SDRAM videocard?)

"Stephan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello everybody!

I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?

My system:

T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
OS: Windows Me,
Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
CPU: 886 Mhz,
256 RAM (clock 100).
My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).

I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my

system.
Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
name (and company) of it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Stephan

A GeForce4 MX440 with 64 or 128Mb (the 128 may be overkill for your system
though)

Make sure you get a DDR version though, much faster

Old July 25th 03, 07:27 PM
HamMan

"Stephan" wrote in message
Thanks, cool!

Whatīs the difference between "GeForce4 MX 440" and "GeForce4 MX 440 with
AGP 8X"? Are both ok with my system? How about the "GeForce4 MX 440-SE"

(is
it an update ("second edition"?)?)? I think, the support said, I canīt buy
"Quadro" (chip?). My current Bus Typ is "AGP 1X, AGP 2X, AGP 4X".

"John Steed" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:23:36 +0200, "Stephan"
wrote:

So I can buy a videocard with "DDR" even though my RAM is "SDRAM"?

Thanks!
:-)

Yes, the two are independent of each other.
--
ex·is·ten·tial·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gz-stnsh-lzm, ks-)
n.

The AGP 8x bus will be faster on a motherborad with AGP 8x support, but as
you only have 4x it will make no difference. It may be prefereable to get it
if you plan to upgrade soon, or there is not much price difference

Old July 25th 03, 09:21 PM
Biz

Maybe you mistyped something, but if you CAN'T buy an AGP card for your system, make sure you are
buying a PCI card then if that is indeeed the case. Was your video integrated by any chance?
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

Old July 26th 03, 03:38 AM
Stephan

Hi!

Sorry, I meant:
I must buy an AGP card, but "not every" (I thought thatīs the same as "any"
in the moment I wrote it) AGP card fits with my system, i.e. "Quattro".

Whatīs the meaning of "SE" in some GeForce4 cards?

Stephan

"Stephan" wrote in message

Hello everybody!

I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?

My system:

T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
OS: Windows Me,
Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
CPU: 886 Mhz,
256 RAM (clock 100).
My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).

I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my

system.
Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
name (and company) of it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Stephan

PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
TV tuner card for LCD Stacey General 15 April 4th 04 03:06 AM
Bootabe Compact Flash Card on USB ... Possible on the P4C800E-Deluxe kda Asus Motherboards 0 January 28th 04 07:06 PM
Video card for Asus CUSL2 Kamal Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 04 06:03 PM
Add PCI card gives 1 Long 2 Short Beeps Jane Tweedynn General 5 October 6th 03 01:15 AM