What is hagaki paper?

Old October 1st 10, 02:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug

Default What is hagaki paper?

"ArtieDeNYC" == ArtieDeNYC writes:

ArtieDeNYC Okay, I am using a Canon Pixma MP490. I had to print
ArtieDeNYC something on the back of my business cards. An alternet
ArtieDeNYC email address. I took a photo of my email address and
ArtieDeNYC cropped it. Then in Hagaki setting set it to the word
ArtieDeNYC Hagaki and printed the cards from last to first. In my
ArtieDeNYC opinion the word means card or heavy stock. It was a
ArtieDeNYC pain to do but it worked. I think the, last to first, is
ArtieDeNYC the key wording! Sizing and setting was the hardest. It
ArtieDeNYC worked for me!

Yes, hagaki is a generic postcard. There is also "inkjet hagaki" which
is much smoother cardstock and is I belive designed for photographic
quality postcard printing (new year cards and so forth). This is apart
from the photo postcard formats that also exist (but probably fall under
different media type as specified on the package reverse side, usually
given at a minimum for Epson or Canon printers).
--
Gernot Hassenpflug
Pentium DualCore E2180 2GHz, Asus P5, 4GiB RAM
Old September 7th 16, 12:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

"Hagaki" betekent "postcard" in het Japans.
Het verwijst naar "hagaki cardstock" naar dik briefkaart-papier dat even groot is als de hagaki ansichtkaarten in Japan.
De traditionele hagaki-briefkaart is 200 op 148 millimeter of 100 op 148 millimeters. Dit is gelijk aan 7.8 inch op 5.8 inch of 3.9 inch x 5.8 inch.
Hagaki kaarten zijn individuele vellen papier. U kunt één ontwerp per kaart afdrukken. U kunt een ontwerp aan beide zijden van de kaart afdrukken als u dezelfde kaart herlaadt.

Gevonden op deze site:http://www.wikisailor.com/wat-is-een-hagaki-kaart.html

....maar omgezet in leesbaar Nederlands Groetje
Old September 8th 16, 03:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

writes:

"Hagaki" betekent "postcard" in het Japans.
Het verwijst naar "hagaki cardstock" naar dik briefkaart-papier dat
even groot is als de hagaki ansichtkaarten in Japan.
De traditionele hagaki-briefkaart is 200 op 148 millimeter of 100 op
148 millimeters. Dit is gelijk aan 7.8 inch op 5.8 inch of 3.9 inch x
5.8 inch.
Hagaki kaarten zijn individuele vellen papier. U kunt één ontwerp per
kaart afdrukken. U kunt een ontwerp aan beide zijden van de kaart
afdrukken als u dezelfde kaart herlaadt.

Gevonden op deze site:
http://www.wikisailor.com/wat-is-een-hagaki-kaart.html

...maar omgezet in leesbaar Nederlands Groetje

Nice Dutch! Ek praat slegs Afrikaans, dis die "kombuistaal" van Suid
Afrika :-)

What he said: "Hagaki" is Japanese postcard size, 100x148mm, with a
"return" type double-size Hagaki at 200x148mm (for folding and returning to
sender with some information contained in the sealed part).
--
NNTP on Emacs 24.5 from Windows 7
Old May 29th 21, 06:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nico Allen

On Saturday, April 7, 2007 at 9:24:34 AM UTC-5, Dot Net Developer wrote:
Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
this paper? What does it look like?
Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
it may be called parchment paper, but I'm not sure about that. My new
printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?
Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

Wow, talk about time travel, its 2021 and I'm asking the same question.

I did a little research and as most of you said Hagaki is a Japanese paper type normally 4 by 4 inches.
"Hagaki" means post card in Japanese.

I was running some test prints and it seems to print really well on FELT PAPER, MATTE LINEN, COATED LINEN and even METALLIC PAPER.
I used a Canon Pixma TS9020 Inkjet Printer. I'm very impressed with this mode, I never used it till today however be careful when using the the Inkjet Hagaki K vs Hagaki A as one seems to spread the in more and the other gives just enough.

Nico
Old June 6th 21, 11:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jeff Jonas

A neighbor wanted me to print out some stuff
and gave me some papers of unknown size.

Inkjet can probably handle it, with enough drying.

Laser printers require proper smooth finish
and electrical properties to attract the toner.
I know: a friend wanted to use some paper left over from a print job.
The toner just wiped off: never fused to the surface.

Larger than DIN A4 or letter.
The result was a page displaying the output on top
and leaving a lot of space below.

That leads to really serious problems when scanning:
deleting the signature and bottom part!

Old June 14th 21, 07:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

Nico Allen writes:

[...]

Yeah, Hagaki means postcard in Japanese.
Standard "hagaki" is generic non-photo media, like you usual postcard
that you write on and then maill. Size is 100x148mm.

There is also a (forget the name) double or wide hagaki, which is the
long or folding version. Maybe called "Hagaki 2" in some manuals, it is
200x148mm.
Effectively, this resolution mode is similar to a plain media mode.

Then postcards started being produced with a surface fit for inkjet
photo printing (i.e., photo paper). This type of postcard is desginated
as "inkjet hagaki".

I think there was later a more high quality photo type of hagaki called
"inkjet photo hagaki".

More recently, modes have been split between the address (A) side and
the image/design (K) side. Lets of wasted modes!
So one gets:

inkjet hagaki (A) - address side of an inkjet hagaki, which is basically
plain old hagaki mode

inkjet hagaki (K) - design side of an inkjet hagaki

inkjet photo hagaki (A) - address side of an inkjet phoyo hagaki, which
is basically plain old hagaki mode

inkjet photo hagaki (A) - design side of an inkjet photo hagaki

hagaki (A) - address side of standard old hagaki, which is plain old
hagaki mode

hagaki (K) - design side of standard old hagaki, which is also just
plain old hagaki mode

That said, the firmware may make small adjustments to the printing even
if the resolution mode looks the same in the printjob data. But from my
experience, I cannot see any difference in the output between the three
(A) media selections on my iP and MP series printer/multifunction
device.

Hope that helps.
Gernot Hassenpflug
--