DABS doomed?

Old September 9th 04, 06:59 AM
Merlin

Default DABS doomed?

See the thread at DABS.COM to Room 101

What is happening has been seem before when organisations are in financial trouble.

Heads up Everyone - You have been warned!
Old September 9th 04, 08:36 AM
Mike

"Merlin" wrote in message
om...
See the thread at DABS.COM to Room 101

exactly. why start another thread telling people to read another thread!!

Old September 9th 04, 05:56 PM
Mrs Mangel

What is happening has been seem before when organisations are in financial trouble.

Check out their financial accounts and you will note dabs are not in
'financial trouble' at all. David Atherton knows how to run a company.
Old September 10th 04, 04:21 PM
Dr Teeth

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:56:52 +0100, Bagpuss in boots
pussgroup.com
wrote:

If you want a company that is willing to handle situations over the
phone when problems arrise then you may well need to go elsewhere.

All I want is good customer service (don't need tech support) so that
things go wrong, they are sorted expeditiously.

That's why I would only shop at Dabs if something was free g. They
won't get a farthing out if me again...ever.
--
Cheers,

Guy

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!
Old September 13th 04, 12:04 AM
Paul Hopwood

Dr Teeth wrote:

If you want a company that is willing to handle situations over the
phone when problems arrise then you may well need to go elsewhere.

All I want is good customer service (don't need tech support) so that
things go wrong, they are sorted expeditiously.

That's why I would only shop at Dabs if something was free g. They
won't get a farthing out if me again...ever.

I agree absolutely and don't buy from DABS.

But it's nonsense to claim Dave Atherton can't run a company. Just
because he happens to run DABS a way that some of us don't agree with
and elect not to grace them with our patronage doesn't detract from
the fact they are a hugely successful company.

--
iv Paul iv

Old September 13th 04, 08:10 PM
Dr Teeth

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:04:16 +0100, Paul Hopwood
wrote:

But it's nonsense to claim Dave Atherton can't run a company. Just
because he happens to run DABS a way that some of us don't agree with
and elect not to grace them with our patronage doesn't detract from
the fact they are a hugely successful company.

I agree, but the bubble will burst if things carry on the way they
are.

A good reputation is difficult to get but very easy to lose.

Old September 14th 04, 11:31 PM
Parish

wrote:

But it's nonsense to claim Dave Atherton can't run a company. Just
because he happens to run DABS a way that some of us don't agree with
and elect not to grace them with our patronage doesn't detract from
the fact they are a hugely successful company.

I agree, but the bubble will burst if things carry on the way they
are.

A good reputation is difficult to get but very easy to lose.

I would agree with that, except that the number of people here who swear
never to use Dabs again are such a tiny percentage of their customers
that I doubt they'd notice the difference.

I've just looked at their website and they have had 46,989 orders placed
so far this month, which extrapolates to around 100k per month (and it
got up around 200k last December IIRC).

Additionally, there are also planty of people here who swear never to
buy from eBuyer/Aria/Overclockers again; how many of those go to Dabs?
Probably enough to balance those "leaving".

Personally, I have never had a problem with Dabs (since they became
dabs.com) but obviously many people do. I can understand it if the items
ordered are out of stock as Dabs are, to some extent, at the mercy of
their suppliers in that the "X available in Y-Z days" that appears on
their website is based on their suppliers delivery promises, but it does
appear that some people have problems with in-ctock items.

Parish

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!

Hmmmmm......