Power problem with DL580 G1

Old November 30th 05, 02:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Power problem with DL580 G1

Hi can anyone give me a hand with this? Just wondering if anyone here
might have an idea as to how I can resolve this problem.

I have a DL580 with a power problem. Powersupply is new and double
checked to be ok. Hot plug power backplane has two leds one blue and the
other doesn't come on at all. I think they are label as cr1, cr2. On
the main board the 5v led doesn't light but the 5v(aux) does.

When power cord is connected both leds on ps come and stay green. The
power led beside the power button flashs and then becomes solid amber.
When power button pressed upper green led on ps goes out. The system
never powers up. The two leds discribed in the first paragraph never
come on. I'm assuming it's a problem with the power backplane. Couldn't
find any documentation on these leds to determine the problem.