What is the diffenece between a DL580 and a ML570?

Old August 23rd 05, 01:27 PM
Alex Blanco

Default What is the diffenece between a DL580 and a ML570?

What is the diffenece between a DL580 and a ML570?
Old August 23rd 05, 01:44 PM
Alex Blanco

The 700mhz versions. Sorry.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:13 PM
Mike Povall

It is all in the name - the DL580 comes from the density line and the
ML570 from the Maximum Expansion Line.

ML570 takes 12 disks where the DL580 only takes 4 disks
ML570 has space for tape drives etc where the DL580 would have them
connected externally.
ML570 is tower or rack where the DL580 is only rack mountable.
ML570 takes up to three PSU where the DL580 only needs two for redundancy.

Other than that they are pretty similar.

Cheers, Mike.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:38 PM
Alex Blanco

Thanks Mike. I kinda imagined that was the difference. But wasn't sure.
I'll be picking up a DL580 in the next few days. Bit of a bargain price.
But I'd sure like to get my hands on the ML570. But a bargain is a
bargain. ;-)

Old August 23rd 05, 04:39 PM
Nut Cracker

go with the 580, and then pick up some 3U storage expantion cabinets. You
will get better drive density, and higher performance. You also have more
storage options, such as FibreChannel. Ohh, i love fibrechannel.

- LC