P5B-Deluxe and USB Hubs

Old October 7th 07, 02:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Bill Davis Jr[_2_]

Default P5B-Deluxe and USB Hubs

Anyone have any trouble using a USB hub on a P5B-Deluxe?

I have tried a few USB hubs and can not get any of my USB Devices to
work unless I plug them directly onto the the mobo. The usb hubs I
have tried have been both powered or un-powered.

Usb Devices I have:

iPod
Hp Printer
Epson Scanner
WD My Book external Hard Drive
Sandisk Card Reader (currently not plugged in)
Sony cybersation (digital camera)
Logitech G15 keyboard
Garmin GPS (Currently not plugged in)
Wacom Pen tablet (Currently not plugged in)
Palm T|X (currently not plugged in)

With my current setup it is very difficult to un-plug and then plug in
the device I need. So I was looking for a hub to make it more easy.
When I plug in a device it does nothing. Kindof like it is just
hanging. If I plug directly into the P5B it works perfectly.

Running:

Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates
P5B-Deluxe with latest Bios
Intel E6600
Old October 7th 07, 02:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Bill Anderson

Bill Davis Jr wrote:
Anyone have any trouble using a USB hub on a P5B-Deluxe?

I have tried a few USB hubs and can not get any of my USB Devices to
work unless I plug them directly onto the the mobo. The usb hubs I
have tried have been both powered or un-powered.

I was having what sounds like an identical problem with my new P5K
Deluxe. I contacted Asus support, and here's what they said:

There is a fix for this. It will disable all USB's until you boot into
Windows but it will allow you to keep your devices connected. Go into
your bios and go over to Advanced. From there go down to USB
Configuration. The option is Legacy USB Support, set that to Disabled
then press F10 to save and exit.

Brent
Asus Tech Support
Your feedback is appreciated!

So I tried it and it worked.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog
Old October 11th 07, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Bill Anderson

Natéag wrote:
"Bill Anderson" a écrit dans le message de news:
Bill Davis Jr wrote:
Anyone have any trouble using a USB hub on a P5B-Deluxe?

I have tried a few USB hubs and can not get any of my USB Devices to
work unless I plug them directly onto the the mobo. The usb hubs I
have tried have been both powered or un-powered.

I was having what sounds like an identical problem with my new P5K Deluxe.
I contacted Asus support, and here's what they said:

There is a fix for this. It will disable all USB's until you boot into
Windows but it will allow you to keep your devices connected. Go into
your bios and go over to Advanced. From there go down to USB
Configuration. The option is Legacy USB Support, set that to Disabled
then press F10 to save and exit.

Brent
Asus Tech Support
Your feedback is appreciated!

So I tried it and it worked.

A question.

If you then boot from a memory card or a diskette, will
USB be available for utilities such as Partition Magic bootable
diskette ? My guess is yes, but I wonder if you know the
answer.

My guess is no. With my BIOS set as they are, USB isn't activated until
WinXP is activated. I think.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

USB 2 Hubs [email protected] General 2 March 4th 07 10:16 PM
USB 2 Hubs [email protected] General 1 March 4th 07 04:32 PM
USB hubs kajeel General 18 December 9th 05 05:06 PM
usb hubs are crapous salaryman General 4 August 30th 05 12:37 AM
Are there USB 2.0 hubs? Ken Williams Storage (alternative) 3 November 25th 03 09:44 PM